Tally Solutions Pvt Ltd.
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|Products 📟||TallyPrime Tally.ERP 9, Tally.Server 9, Tally.Developer 9 and Shoper 9|
Number of employees
Tally Solutions Pvt. Ltd., is an Indian multinational company that provides enterprise resource planning software. It is headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka India. The company reports that its software is used by more than 1.8 Million customers.
Tally Solutions, then known as Peutronics, was co-founded in 1986 by Shyam Sunder Goenka and his son Bharat Goenka.  Shyam Sundar Goenka was running a company that supplied raw materials and machine parts to plants and textile mills in southern and eastern India. Unable to find software in the early 90's that could manage his books of accounts, he asked his son, Bharat Goenka, 23, a Maths graduate to create a software application that would handle financial accounts for his business. The first version of the accounting software was launched as an MS-DOS application. It had only basic accounting functions, and was named Peutronics Financial Accountant.
- In 1999, the company formally changed its name to Tally Solutions.
- In 2006, Tally launched Tally 8.1, a concurrent multi-lingual version, and also Tally 9.
- In 2009, the company released Tally.ERP 9, a business management solution
- In 2015, the company launched a program called Vriddhi to certify and classify its business partners. Also in 2015, Tally Solutions announced the launch of Tally.ERP 9 Release 5.0 with taxation and compliance features.
- As of 2016, the company had 1 million customers.
- In 2016, Tally Solutions was shortlisted as a GST Suvidha Provider to provide interface between the new Goods and Services Tax (GST) server and taxpayers, and in 2017, the company launched its updated GST compliance software.
Tally's main product is its enterprise resource planning and accounting software called Tally.ERP 9. For large organisations with many branches, Tally.Server 9 is offered. The software handles accounting, inventory management, tax management, payroll etc.
- "Tally Solutions participates in India's biggest SME Conclave organized by NASSCOM". pcquest.com. 2019-01-14. Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- "Bharat Goenka(Tally Solutions) talks to us about the company's 'stubborn' decision to stay focussed on products". ispirit.in. 2013-01-08. Retrieved 2016-07-04.
- "Executive Profile: Bharat Goenka". bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-07-04.
- "Tally Solutions: a calculated move". indiatimes.com. 2005-02-28. Retrieved 2016-07-04.
- "Bharat Goenka discusses his dream of building Tally into a $1 bn company by 2015". indiatimes.com. 2011-07-22. Retrieved 2016-07-04.
- "Brief history about Tally.ERP 9 and its versions since Tally 3.0". accountsguy.net. 2014-10-15. Retrieved 2016-07-04.
- "Tally Launches Multilingual Accounting Software". CXOtoday.com. 2006-01-15. Retrieved 2016-07-04.
- "Tally launches Tally.ERP 9". thehindubusinessline.com. 2014-02-18. Retrieved 2016-07-04.
- "Tally Solutions launched new channel partner programme". indiatimes.com. 2015-03-09. Retrieved 2016-07-04.
- "Tally Solutions Set to Transform Business Taxation". ChannelWorld India. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- "Tally Solutions clocks 1 Million Customers Globally - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- Tyagi, Chhavi (2017-06-22). "Tally Solutions launches GST compliance software". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- PTI (2016-12-09). "TCS, Deloitte, EY among 34 cos shortlisted for providing GST interface". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- Live Mint
- "Business Strategy: A Case of Tally Solutions Pvt. Ltd.". CMRD Journal of Management Research. pp. 56–59.
- Business Standard
- Business Standard
- The Hindu
This article "Tally Solutions" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Tally Solutions. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.