Team Thor (film series)
|Directed by||Taika Waititi|
|Produced by||Kevin Feige|
|Screenplay by||Taika Waititi|
|Based on||Characters published|
by Marvel Comics
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Studios|
Team Thor is a series of American direct-to-video mockumentary short films produced by Marvel Studios, featuring characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), released from 2016 to 2018. The series consists of Team Thor, Team Thor: Part 2, and Team Darryl, which were written and directed by Taika Waititi, and are included as special features in the MCU films' Blu-ray and digital distribution releases. The first two films follow Thor as he moves in with a new roommate, Darryl Jacobson, during the events of Captain America: Civil War (2016), while Team Darryl sees Darryl move to Los Angeles and gain the Grandmaster as a roommate.
At the 2016 San Diego Comic-Con, the "mockumentary" short Team Thor was screened. Directed by Thor: Ragnarok director Taika Waititi, it showed what Thor and Bruce Banner were doing during the events of Civil War, with Daley Pearson appearing as Thor's Australian flatmate Darryl Jacobson. The short released online in August 2016, and with the digital download of Captain America: Civil War the following month.
Team Thor: Part 2 was released on the home media of Doctor Strange in February 2017, with Pearson reprising his role. Thor: Ragnarok was released on digital download by Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment on February 20, 2018, and on Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand on March 6. The digital and Blu-ray releases included Team Darryl, a continuation of Team Thor and Team Thor: Part 2, in which the Grandmaster moves in with Darryl after Thor leaves.
In October 2017, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige stated that he saw the shorts as a "doable" version of their previous Marvel One-Shots shorts series, and felt that they "in some parts helped redefine Thor into what he's become in Ragnarok in a fun way."
|Film||U.S. release date||Director||Screenwriter||Producer||Home media release|
|Team Thor||August 28, 2016||September 13, 2016||Taika Waititi||Kevin Feige||Captain America: Civil War|
|Team Thor: Part 2||February 14, 2017||February 28, 2017||Doctor Strange|
|Team Darryl||February 20, 2018||March 6, 2018||Thor: Ragnarok|
Team Thor (2016)
Team Thor was first screened at the 2016 San Diego Comic-Con, before being released online on August 28, 2016 ahead of the Captain America: Civil War (2016) Blu-ray. The film is also known as While You Were Fighting: A Thor Mockumentary. Filming of the short occurred one month before the start of Ragnarok filming. At the time, since many fans were unsure of the tone approach for Ragnarok, director Taika Waititi felt Team Thor "helped us a lot" by giving "fans the opportunity to see just how irreverent we were gonna be, and just how different we were making Thor, and Banner as well."
Team Thor: Part 2 (2017)
Team Darryl (2018)
Team Darryl was released on digital download for Thor: Ragnarok by Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment on February 20, 2018, and on Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray on March 6. The short is a continuation of Team Thor and Team Thor: Part 2, and features the Grandmaster as he moves in with Darryl after Thor leaves.
In April 2019, Chris Hemsworth expressed interest in doing more Team Thor short films, with the possibility of doing a television series.
Cast and characters
|Team Thor: Part 2
|Bruce Banner||Mark Ruffalo|
|Darryl Jacobson||Daley Pearson|
- Talk:Marvel Cinematic Universe/Drafts
- Marvel One-Shots
- Anderton, Ethan (July 23, 2016). "'Thor: Ragnarok' Footage: Hulk vs Thor, Surtur the Demon & More [Comic-Con 2016]". /Film. Archived from the original on July 25, 2016. Retrieved July 24, 2016. Unknown parameter
- Romano, Nick (January 6, 2017). "Hilarious 'Team Thor' mockumentary is getting a Part 2". Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on January 7, 2017. Retrieved January 6, 2017. Unknown parameter
- Couch, Aaron (August 28, 2016). "Watch the 'Thor' Mockumentary Showing What the Avenger Was Doing During 'Civil War'". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on August 28, 2016. Retrieved August 28, 2016. Unknown parameter
- Dinh, Christine (January 6, 2017). "Bring Home The Mystifying, Mind-Bending Journey Marvel Studios' 'Doctor Strange' On Digital HD Feb. 14 and Blu-Ray™ Feb. 28". Marvel.com. Archived from the original on January 7, 2017. Retrieved January 6, 2017. Unknown parameter
- Trumbore, Dave (January 10, 2018). "'Thor: Ragnarok' Blu-ray Details, Trailer, Clips Herald the God of Thunder's Arrival". Collider. Archived from the original on January 11, 2018. Retrieved January 10, 2018. Unknown parameter
- David, Erik (October 23, 2017). "Marvel Has Big Plans For Korg And Miek From 'Thor: Ragnarok'". Fandango. Archived from the original on October 25, 2017. Retrieved October 24, 2017. Unknown parameter
- Murthi, Vikram (August 29, 2016). "'While You Were Fighting: A Thor Mockumentary': Watch Taika Waititi's Hilarious MCU Short". IndieWire.
- Leane, Rob (October 24, 2017). "Thor: Ragnarok – director Taika Waititi interview". Den of Geek.
- Carbone, Gina. "Yes! Chris Hemsworth Is Down For A Team Thor TV Show With Darryl". CinemaBlend.
- Team Thor on IMDb Search this movie on
- Team Thor: Part 2 on IMDb Search this movie on
- Team Darryl on IMDb Search this movie on
This article "Team Thor (film series)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Team Thor (film series). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.