|Founders 👔||Chaitanya Ramalingegowda, Ankit Garg|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
Chaitanya Ramalingegowda and Ankit Garg co-founded Wakefit in 2016. It started as a memory foam mattress firm and transitioned into an online sleep company, which included mattresses, bed frames, pillows, and mattress protectors. In December 2018, it received $9 million for research and development, from Sequoia Capital.
In late 2019, Wakefit introduced a sleep internship initiative where volunteers had to sleep 9 hours daily on their mattress for 100 days to bring focus on sleep health and to help analyze sleep patterns. The initiative received domestic and international recognition.
Kumar Gaurav is the chief technology officer and Parasar Sarma is the vice-president.
|2019||Red Herring Asia Award||Red Herring|||
|2019||Best Customer Service||Entrepreneur India Awards|||
|2019||Startup of the Year||India Retail and e-Retail Congress|||
|2018||Startup of the Year||8th Small Business Awards|||
- Sarkar, Brinda; Basu, Sreeradha D. (2020-01-23). "In a rocky startup world, candidates toss questions to interviewers". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2020-01-31.
- "How Wakefit Innovations sells sound sleep with just two kinds of mattresses". www.businesstoday.in. Retrieved 2020-01-31.
- "How Sequoia Backed Wakefit Is Using Data & Technology To Democratise Sleep For Indians". Inc42 Media. 2019-03-08. Retrieved 2020-01-31.
- Chengappa, Sangeetha. "Online mattress start-up Wakefit targets ₹260-crore revenue in FY20". @businessline. Retrieved 2020-01-31.
- EST, Khaleda Rahman On 12/5/19 at 11:08 AM (2019-12-05). "Tired of your job? Mattress company hiring an intern who will literally be paid to sleep". Newsweek. Retrieved 2020-01-31.
- Agarwal, Nikhil (2019-12-01). "Bengaluru start-up will pay interns ₹1 lakh stipend to sleep for 9 hours a day". Livemint. Retrieved 2020-01-31.
- "How Wakefit.co is using marketing to make sleep health a topic of conversation in every household". Business Insider. Retrieved 2020-01-31.
- "2019 Red Herring Top 100 Asia Winners". Red Herring. Retrieved 2020-01-31.
- "Entrepreneur 2019". www.entrepreneurindia.com. Retrieved 2020-01-31.
- "Wakefit: Making A Sleep Solutions Startup which is Making Sleep Comfortable, Affordable & Quality - Oriented | CEOInsights Vendor". www.ceoinsightsindia.com. Retrieved 2020-01-31.
- "Small Business Awards 2020". www.franchiseindia.com. Retrieved 2020-01-31.
This article "Wakefit" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Wakefit. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.