Youth Hotel (Band)
Youth Hotel is a British indie band from Nottingham, England. Formed in 2017, the band is currently unsigned, and in the process of releasing their debut EP. Youth Hotel have released two singles this year, produced and recorded by Joe Fisher and Tristan Hill of Rainy Daze studios.
Youth Hotel began in August 2017. From their point of inception to the Winter of that year, vocalist Jack Bratby slowly pulled the band together through mutual friendships and recommendations around Nottingham. The five piece began as three - Jack Bratby first enlisted drummer and good friend Will Rabjohns to play along-side him, and later that month fellow good friend and guitarist, Benjamin Phair would join the group.
In September 2017, Benjamin Thompson joined the band as rhythm guitarist, thanks to a tip from a close friend of the trio. After they became a four piece, it wasn't long until they came across mutual friend and bassist Nathan Whalley, who would join the band in November 2017, forming the quintet. Later that month, the band settled on their name. Over the winter / new year period of 2017/18, the band would begin writing songs - it was during this time that 'Little Miss Sunshine' and 'Candyflip' were conceived, the prior being the first song to emerge from the band.
In March of 2018, Youth Hotel would make their first live appearance, playing the heats of the 'Noise from the next generation' competition hosted by Nottingham Music Hub. The event took place at NCN clarendon, and the band would proceed to the Final to play at one of Nottingham's most popular venues, Rock City Basement. The event gave them exposure, which lead to a follow up appearance at The Chameleon.  Since then, the band have appeared all over Nottingham, getting a slot at RadFest 2018, and playing venues such as Rough Trade Nottingham and The Maze Nottingham multiple times.
In August 2018, They released their two debut singles, 'Candyflip' and 'Little Miss Sunshine'. Since then, they have been working on their debut EP, 'Hedonia'. In the days after the release of 'Little Miss Sunshine', the single garnered the attention of Dean Jackson of BBC Introducing East-Midlands; dubbing it a 'beautiful indie banger to get you in the mood for a night on the tiles'.
- Jack Bratby – vocals (2017–present); synth (2017–present); brass (2017–present)
- Will Rabjohns – drums (2017–present)
- Nathan Whalley – bass guitar (2017–present)
- Ben Phair – lead guitar (2017-present)
- Ben Thompson – Rhythm guitar (2017-present)
- "MusicBrainz Release ID". MusicBrainz.org. 2018-08-11. Retrieved 2018-08-12.
- "MusicBrainz Release ID". musicbrainz.org. 2018-08-11. Retrieved 2018-08-12.
- "Noise from the Next Generation | Nottingham Music Hub". www.nottinghammusichub.org.uk. Retrieved 2018-08-12.
- "The Gallery + Special Guests | Nottingham". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2018-08-12.
- "2,000 people expected at RadFest Music Festival". West Bridgford Wire. 2018-06-16. Retrieved 2018-08-12.
- "Youth Hotel – RadFest". RadFest. Retrieved 2018-08-12.
- "Youth Hotel + Guests (Live) in Aid of British Heart Foundation". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2018-08-12.
- "Nottingham's Summer Alt-Indie Fest!". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2018-08-12.
- "Log In or Sign Up to View". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2018-08-12.
- "Def Goldblum /The Collective/Blue Vulture// Umi // Youth Hotel". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2018-08-12.
- "Youth Hotel - About". Youth Hotel. Retrieved 2018-08-12.
This article "Youth Hotel (Band)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Youth Hotel (Band). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.