Arab states–Israeli alliance against Iran
|Purpose||Iran–Saudi Arabia and Iran–Israel proxy conflict|
| |
United Arab Emirates
The Arab-Israeli alliance against Iran, also known as Israeli–Sunni Coalition, or Israeli–Sunni Alliance, is an anti-Iranian unofficial coalition in Western Asia, nurtured by the United States. The coordination is taking place in light of the mutual regional security interests of Israel and mostly Sunni Arab States led by Saudi Arabia, and their standoff against Iranian interests across the Middle East - the Iran–Israel proxy conflict and the Iran–Saudi Arabia proxy conflict. The Arab states participating in the coordination group are the core of the Gulf Cooperation Council. Those include Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Oman.
The coalition emerged by November 2017.
- Arab League–Iran relations
- Russia–Turkey proxy conflict
- Qatar diplomatic crisis
- Qatar–Saudi Arabia diplomatic conflict
- 2017 Lebanon–Saudi Arabia dispute
- 2019–2021 Persian Gulf crisis
- International Maritime Security Construct
- Russia–Syria–Iran–Iraq coalition
- Shia–Sunni relations
- Middle Eastern Cold War (disambiguation)
- Arab Cold War
- Axis of Resistance
- Gary Sick; Sick: Alliance against Iran, Council on Foreign Relations January 23, 2007
- The solidifying Arab-Israeli Alliance "Relations between Israel, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Saudi Arabia continue in the shadows, with reports of senior Israeli officials regularly visiting the Gulf States. Israeli cabinet ministers have openly visited the UAE and Oman, with more set to take place in the future."
- Totten, Michael J. (2016). "The New Arab–Israeli Alliance". World Affairs. 179 (2): 28–36. doi:10.1177/0043820016673779. JSTOR 26369507. Unknown parameter
- "Jordan's Shift Back to the Sunni-Israeli Coalition - The Washington Institute for Near East Policy". washingtoninstitute.org. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- "The New Arab–Israeli Alliance". World Affairs Journal. Archived from the original on 2019-11-03. Retrieved 2019-02-14. Unknown parameter
- "The Israel-Sunni alliance - Jerusalem Report - Jerusalem Post". jpost.com. 2017-11-21. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- Lesley Wroughton (13 February 2019). "U.S. meeting on Middle East brings together Israel, Gulf Arab states". Reuters. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- "Saudi Arabia and Israel anti-Iran alliance". Business Insider. 2017-02-19. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- Entous, Adam (June 18, 2018). "Donald Trump's New World Order". The New Yorker. Retrieved January 26, 2021.
- Ramani, Samuel (12 September 2016). "Israel Is Strengthening Its Ties With The Gulf Monarchies". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- Marcus, Jonathan (24 November 2017). "What's shaping the Israel-Saudi 'alliance'". BBC News. Retrieved 20 January 2020.
- Abramson, Seth (September 3, 2019). Proof of Conspiracy: How Trump's International Collusion Is Threatening American Democracy. St. Martin's Press. ISBN 978-1250256713. Search this book on
This article "Arab states–Israeli alliance against Iran" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Arab states–Israeli alliance against Iran. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.