|Type||P2P Bitcoin Exchange|
|Location||Tor (anonymity network), Onion routing|
|Founded||June 10, 2014|
|Key people||Manfred Karrer|
|Currency||Fiat money, Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies|
Bitsquare is an open source Peer-to-Peer Bitcoin exchange software. While the transfer of national currency requires the involvement of traditional payment channels like banks or payment processors, Bitsquare does not dependent on any particular one.
To ensure highest level of privacy, the platform uses a Peer-to-Peer network over Tor, therefore their is no server to hack and all private data sent over are encrypted. The exchange does not require registration which makes identity theft impossible. To achieve this goal Bitsquare employs three technical mechanisms of protection:
1. All bitcoins traded with Bitsquare are secured in a 2-of-3 multisignature address.
2. Both traders are required to pay security deposits. These are refunded to them after a trade completes.
3. Bitsquare features a decentralized and open arbitrator system, to be used in case a trade dispute arises.
- Wirdum, Aaron van (2016-04-21). "Decentralized, Peer-To-Peer Bitcoin Exchange Bitsquare to Launch Next Week". Bitcoin Magazine. Retrieved 2016-05-24.
- Gautham, Author (2016-04-20). "BitSquare is All Set for its Beta Launch on April 27". NEWSBTC. Retrieved 2016-05-24.
- Merkle, The. "Bitsquare, the beta version of a decentralized exchange to launch soon – The Merkle". themerkle.com. Retrieved 2016-05-24.
- Redman, Jamie (2016-01-20). "Bitsquare: The 'Missing Link' for Decentralized Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin News". Bitcoin News. Retrieved 2016-05-24.
- "MasterThesis: A Decentralized Bitcoin Exchange with Bitsquare – Attack Scenarios and Countermeasures". www.merlin.uzh.ch. Retrieved 2016-05-24.
- "Decentralized Bitcoin Exchange Bitsquare Launching Beta This Week - EconoTimes". EconoTimes. Retrieved 2016-05-24.
- "FAQ ‹ Bitsquare - The decentralized bitcoin exchange". bitsquare.io. Retrieved 2016-05-24. horizontal tab character in
|title=at position 7 (help)
- "Decentralized Bitcoin Exchange Bitsquare Has Only Raised 42% of its Goal with Lighthouse - CCN: Financial Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency News". CCN: Financial Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency News. 2015-02-09.
- Yashu, Author Gola (2015-02-09). "BitSquare: A Bitcoin Exchange without Central Authority". NEWSBTC. Retrieved 2016-05-24.
This article "Bitsquare" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.