Borrtex live at ZUSLJ Music School
|Born||31 March 1999|
|Origin||Havirov, Czech Republic|
|Genres||Contemporary classical, ambient, minimalism, film score|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, composer, pianist|
Daniel Bordovsky (born 31 March 1999) known by his artist name Borrtex, is a Czech minimalist piano composer and producer based in Prague. His work is characteristic in connecting the sounds of modern classical music with melodic elements typical more for film scores and soundtracks.
Borrtex was born in Havirov, Czech Republic. He started playing the piano when he was six years old, but didn't really enjoy it back then. Even though he wasn't a big music fan in his young age, attending regular piano classes for seven years, has set the foundational base of knowledge for his future learning. When he was 13 years old, his interest moved over to movies and TV. Two years later while still studying high school in his hometown, he took his first job in CSFD.cz - one of the biggest film websites in the country. He continued building his reputation, and eventually got a job as a cinematographer in a documentary project about Warner Bros. Studios in Hollywood.
Visiting Los Angeles and doing interviews with world-wide known film composers like James Newton Howard, Danny Elfman or Hans Zimmer, has helped Borrtex to re-establish his connection with music. After the documentary was finished and released, Borrtex slowly shifted back to music, and started producing his first songs.
Starting on Free Music Archive in 2017, providing all his work for free, Borrtex has found a way to his audience. Within the last two years, his music appeared in several video placements of international brands such as Xiaomi, Montblanc, IKEA or even a US National Park Service project focusing on maintenance needs of park facilities.
In terms of music streaming and record sales, Borrtex's compositions increased on popularity, after his single We Are Saved, released in March 2018 hit the charts and earned over 1,7 million streams on Spotify.
In October 2018, Borrtex accepted his first film scoring project. He composed an original motion picture soundtrack for a short film Dear America directed by Molly E. Smith, showing the perspective of how gun violence has impacted students in the hallways of elementary, middle and high schools. On 1st of November 2019, the film was officially announced as a winner of the Emmy Award in National Student Production Competition, holded by The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
Another scoring project Borrtex worked on recently, was an original soundtrack album composed for an American entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk, who is well known for his influence on social media. It took Borrtex six months to complete the production work on the soundtrack, which was officially released on February 15, 2019. Publishing music for a high-profile entrepreneur of this kind, helped him expand to new audiences also in the business industry.
- Courage (2017)
- Creation (2017)
- Something Special (2017)
- Emotion (2017)
- Untitled Love Story (2018)
- The Impulse (2018)
- Christmas Time II (2018)
- Coalescence (2019)
- thōughts (2019)
- Peaceful Mind (2017)
- Ability (2017)
- Christmas Time (2017)
- Visuals (2018)
- Distant Sphere (2018)
- Rain (2019)
- Live at ZUSLJ Music School (2019)
- Reflections (2019)
- Faith (2017)
- I Will Never Give Up (2017)
- Changing (2017)
- 71017 (2017)
- Waiting for You (2017)
- Snowflake (2017)
- Rumble (2018)
- Touch of Ice (2018)
- Sense of Music (2018)
- Memoir of Solitude (2018)
- We Are Saved (2018)
- Thank You for This World (2018)
- You & Me - Live (2018)
- Last Day of High School (2018)
- Awake the Light (2018)
- Standing Up! (2018)
- Falling into Presence (2018)
- Étude Nb. 01: 18 Years (2018)
- The Bright Morning Star (2018)
- Breathe (2019) featuring Hazy
- Beyond the Horizon (2019) featuring Bonah
- Dear America (2018)
- Music for GaryVee (2019)
- Catharsis (2019)
- Stašová, Gabriela. "Havířovský skladatel vnímá soundtracky jako umění" (PDF). Havirovsky Denik (in čeština).
- "Behind the piano: Borrtex". Sleepy Songs. Retrieved 2019-12-19. Unknown parameter
- "Daniel Bordovský alias Borrtex: Česko je krásné místo pro život, měli bychom si toho více vážit". Ostravan (in čeština). Retrieved 2019-12-30. Unknown parameter
- "Inspiring Story About Young Musician Borrtex". The Frisky. Retrieved 2019-10-19.
- Richter, Jan. "Martin Pomothy, founder of country's largest film website". Radio Prague International. Retrieved 2019-10-19.
- "Tým ČSFD natočil svůj první seriál, a to rovnou v Hollywoodu". Focus Age (in čeština). Retrieved 2019-10-19. Unknown parameter
- "Profile of the documentary project "Prohlídka filmových studií: Warner Bros. Studios" on Czech Movie Database". CSFD.cz (in čeština). Unknown parameter
- "Ambitious young composer, Borrtex, pioneers distinctive new cinematic style". Music News. Retrieved 2019-10-19.
- "Artist profile of Borrtex on Free Music Archive". Free Music Archive. Retrieved 2019-10-19. Unknown parameter
- "Xiaomi Studios Presents "One Charmed Day" | A #ShotByMi Film". YouTube. Retrieved 2019-10-19. Unknown parameter
- "Happy Holidays with Hugh Jackman (by Montblanc)". Facebook. Retrieved 2019-12-27. Unknown parameter
- "Royal Charity Organisation of Bahrain in association with IKEA gifted 5 Bahraini Homes". Instagram. Retrieved 2019-02-02. Unknown parameter
- "National Parks: A Love Story". National Park Service. Retrieved 2019-10-19. Unknown parameter
- "How this artist went from thousands to hundreds-of-thousands of streams in one month". RouteNote. Retrieved 2019-10-19.
- Yanes, Nadeen. "'Dear America:' A letter from Generation Z on gun violence". News 6 WKMG. Retrieved 2019-10-19.
- "2019 NSPA Winners Announced". The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- Slater Tate, Allison Slater. "Teen's film about impact of gun violence on Gen Z wins student Emmy". Today. Retrieved 2019-11-06. Unknown parameter
- "Teen's Heartbreaking Gun Violence Video Wins Student Emmy". Popsugar UK News.
- "Album page on Borrtex's Bandcamp profile". Bandcamp. Retrieved 2019-10-19. Unknown parameter
- Collins, Bryan. "Give It Away For Free, Says This Six-Figure Musician". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-10-19.
- "Pro Spotlight: Borrtex". Audio Media International. Retrieved 2019-10-19.
- "Borrtex's Equipboard". Equipboard. Retrieved 2019-10-21. Unknown parameter
Borrtex on IMDb
This article "Borrtex" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Borrtex. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.