Carney in a Tribe Gaming jersey.
November 17, 1992
Fairfax, Virginia, U.S.
|Residence||Austin, Texas, U.S.|
|Total views||606.8 million|
|Updated last on June 21, 2020|
Patrick Carney (born November 17, 1992), better known by his online alias Chief Pat, is an American YouTuber and Internet personality, and founder/CEO of professional esports organization Tribe Gaming.
Carney became known for his YouTube channel, where he posts Clash of Clans, Clash Royale, and Brawl Stars gameplays and strategy videos. His channel has had over 606 million video views and 2.51 million subscribers since its inception in 2012.
Carney started creating YouTube videos on October 14, 2012 around Clash of Clans, a mobile game by Finnish developers Supercell, while attending the University of Virginia. Carney began creating content by recording gameplay videos in his dorm's laundry room, and recorded voiceovers afterwards in his car.
In 2013, Carney won a competition held by the Axe Apollo Space Academy through a popular vote, leveraging his channel's subscribers to win a commercial spaceflight through XCOR Aerospace.
In 2015, Carney was featured alongside Irish actor Liam Neeson in a Super Bowl XLIX commercial for Clash of Clans.
During 2016, Carney achieved a number one global ranking in Clash Royale. In September 2016, Carney finished in third place at the Kings Cup presented YouTube, pocketing $7,500.
In 2019, Carney collaborated on a YouTube video for Brawl Stars with Finn Wolfhard and Caleb McLaughlin from the popular Netflix series Stranger Things.
In 2020, Tribe Gaming announced a financing round of $1M from an investment group that included the likes of Gordon Hayward and Cesaro.
Carney currently serves as the company's CEO.
Carney attended the University of Virginia before leaving school to pursue YouTube as a full-time career.
Carney resides in Austin, Texas with his long-time girlfriend. He has a cat, nicknamed Chief Cat.
- "Ride, Patrick, Ride! U.Va Student Patrick Carney Wins Trip to Space". news.virginia.edu. Unknown parameter
- "Liam Neeson stars in $9M Clash of Clans Super Bowl commercial". venturebeat.com. Unknown parameter
- Tassi, Paul (1 April 2016). "The World's Best 'Clash Royale' Player Has Spent $12K On The Game, And For Good Reason". www.forbes.com. Unknown parameter
- "Watch the 'Stranger Things' Kids Play 'Brawl Stars' in New Series". variety.com. Unknown parameter
- "YouTuber Chief Pat forms Tribe Gaming and enters both Vainglory and Clash Royale". esportsinsider.com. Unknown parameter
- "Industry-Leading Mobile Gaming Organization Tribe Gaming Raises Over $1M in Seed Funding to Shape Esports, Media and Entertainment". businessinsider.com. Unknown parameter
This article "Chief Pat" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Chief Pat. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.