Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Edit this InfoBox|
|File:Eat-the-world Official Logo.jpg Eat-the-world_Official_Logo.jpg|
Official eat-the-world Logo
|Industry||Culinary Tourism, Cultural Tourism, Experiential Travel|
|Founders||Elke Freimuth, Katrin Buck|
Number of locations
|26 Cities (2016)|
|Services||Walking Food Tours|
Based in Berlin and operating since 2008, eat-the-world is a tourism company offering culinary tours in Germany. Walking food tours are offered in various cities throughout Germany with each tour featuring culinary samples from restaurants and delicatessen (German: Feinkostläden), in addition to specialized insight into each city’s history, culture, architecture, and entertainment.
eat-the-world offers cultural and culinary city tours which focus on a city's local history, culture, and cuisine, with the culinary samples telling the story of the district. eat-the-world's founder Elke Freimuth says it is important to support small owner-managed businesses as opposed to chain-operated franchises, which is the driving concept behind the tours. According to Katrin Buck, CEO of eat-the-world, "We offer participants an entertaining three-hour guided tour with seven culinary tastings. Together we explore the respective city's neighborhood while our culinary partners offer samples representative of the area." eat-the-world has been a franchise company since 2010, with the company's motto being "Get to know the area through its food and its people." In 2017, the publishing house Gruner + Jahr purchased 100 percent of the company.
Culinary city tours
As of 2016, eat-the-world offers tours in 26 cities throughout Germany with tours taking place in either English or German. Tours typically last 3 hours and feature 7 culinary samples which are representative of the area's culture and history. eat-the-world tours are described as being the most unusual type of city walking tour, and rank on average in the Top 5 of the Food and Drink category on TripAdvisor.
eat-the-world was awarded the "Springboard 2009" prize in the 2009 Innovation Competition sponsored by the Verband Internet Reisevertrieb (VIR). The company also won first place in the "Kreuzberg Handelt - Wirtschaften im Quartier" competition in 2010.
eat-the-world has been an official sponsor of Slow Food since 2012.
Others articles of the Topics Food AND Companies : Health food restaurant, Joanne's Food Truck, Dunkin' Donuts Israel, Chuck-A-Rama, Breadline Cafe, Maoz Vegetarian, Nature's Fynd
Others articles of the Topics Food AND Germany : Vitam-R
Others articles of the Topic Food : Chuck-A-Rama, Dunkin' Donuts Israel, Papa's butter, Health food restaurant, List of cider producers in Dorset, Theory Eatery, Joe's Steaks + Soda Shop
Others articles of the Topic Companies : 01 Distribution, Facebook, ShopX, KC International Airlines, Mountain Goat Beer, Penitalia, Nivea
Others articles of the Topic Germany : Wartensleben, Church at Südstern, Botho von Hülsen, Germany women's junior national softball team, Vitam-R, Amin Farden, Juwelo
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Cultural Tourism
- Culinary Tourism
- Experiential Travel
- Walking Tour
- "About Us". eat-the-world. Archived from the original on May 22, 2015. Retrieved June 2, 2015. Unknown parameter
- Pond, Lindsay (June 26, 2013). "Eat the World". German National Tourist Board: HotSpots in Germany. Archived from the original on June 15, 2015. Retrieved June 2, 2015. Unknown parameter
- Kalwa, Eva (June 8, 2010). "Kulinarische Stadtführungen: Berlin geht durch den Magen". Der Tagesspiegel.
- Somborn, Nora (March 11, 2010). "Kulinarische Stadtführung: Der Geschmack der Schanze". Spiegel Online.
- Kreller, Anika (June 12, 2012). "Berlin, aber oho: Eat the World". Der Tagesspiegel.
- Yeh, Maggie (September 25, 2012). "Mit eat-the-world Städte sinnlich erleben". Migration Business.
- Schneider, Burkhard (June 26, 2009). "eat-the-world bietet kulinarische Stadtführungen in Berlin und Hamburg an". Best Practice Business.
- "Gruner + Jahr kauft Plattform für kulinarische Stadtführungen". 22 August 2017.
- "Pressemitteilungen (Press Releases)". eat-the-world. Archived from the original on August 19, 2016. Retrieved August 24, 2016. Unknown parameter
- "English Tours of eat-the-world Starting April 2013". eat-the-world. January 2013. Archived from the original on 2015-06-22. Retrieved 2015-06-02. Unknown parameter
- Müller-Kroll, Monika (April 9, 2013). "'Eat The World' Explores Friedrichshain Through Food". NPR Berlin.
- Pitu, Lavinia (January 2, 2014). "Eating Berlin: On Tour through the City's Belly". Deutsche Welle.
- Hansen, Anne (July 14, 2014). "Less Liverwurst". The German Times.
- "Top10 List: Unique City Walks_Rank 1: Walking Food Tour". Top10 Berlin. Retrieved June 2, 2015.
- "Eat-the-World Food Tour Frankfurt am Main". TripAdvisor. Retrieved June 2, 2015.
- "Eat-the-World Walking Food Tours Hamburg". TripAdvisor. Retrieved June 2, 2015.
- "Eat-the-World Food Tour Stuttgart". TripAdvisor. Retrieved June 2, 2015.
- "Kulinarische Stadtführung über das Internet: Online-Reiseindustrie kürt mit "eat-the-world" die beste Geschäftsidee für den eTourismus Wettbewerb 'Sprungbrett 2009'". Verband Internet Reisevertrieb. June 19, 2009. Archived from the original on June 22, 2015. Retrieved June 2, 2015. Unknown parameter
- "Das Projekt "Kreuzberg handelt – Wirtschaften im Quartier"". SPD Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg. December 2010.
- "Social Commitment: CSR & Sustainable Tourism". eat-the-world. Archived from the original on June 16, 2015. Retrieved June 2, 2015. Unknown parameter
This article "Eat-the-World" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Eat-the-World. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.