Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Red Carpet Premiere, Hollywood
|Birth name||Marcus Tyrone Gray|
|Born||September 16, 1981|
|Origin||St. Louis, Missouri U.S.|
|Genres||Christian hip hop|
|Occupation(s)||Rapper, actor, music executive|
|Labels||Clear Sight Music|
Marcus Tyrone Gray (born September 16, 1981), known as Flame (often stylized as FLAME), is an American Christian hip hop recording artist with Clear Sight Music. He has released nine albums including: the self-titled Flame, Rewind, Our World: Fallen, Our World: Redeemed, Captured, The 6th, Royal Flush, Forward, and God Knows. Flame has been nominated for several Dove and Stellar Awards throughout his music career and Our World: Redeemed was nominated for a Grammy Award.
During his personal time, Flame initially wrote raps as devotionals to God. After converting his devotionals to songs, Cross Movement Records took an interest in supporting Flame in publishing his gospel work through rap music. In 2004, Flame released his debut album with Cross Movement Records. Since then, Flame released three more albums and launched his own record label, Clear Sight Music.
His self-titled debut album, Flame, was released in October 2004. In December 2005, Flame released his second album titled, Rewind. On April 17, 2007, Flame released his third album entitled Our World: Fallen, which is the first part of a two part series. On August 7, 2007, the sequel, Our World: Redeemed was scheduled to release, but the date was pushed back to March 4, 2008.
Flame has been featured on radio shows in the United States such as Way of the Master, and in local newspapers such as The Pathway (the Missouri Baptist Convention statewide newspaper), and World.
Flame has sold over 350,000 albums, and one of his interludes from his first album is played on Busch Stadium's loudspeakers every other time Albert Pujols comes to bat.
On February 20, 2007, it was announced that Flame's track, "Gotta Notice", from the album Rewind was nominated for the 38th Annual GMA Dove Awards in the category Rap/Hip Hop Recorded Song of the Year. In mid-2007, Flame joined the rest of Cross Movement for their final tour. Our World Redeemed was nominated for a Stellar Award, Dove Award, and Grammy Award. In 2009, Flame was a special guest on Reach Records 116 Clique's tour Don't Waste Your Life.
|2007||Our World: Fallen
|2008||Our World: Redeemed
Others articles of the Topics Hip hop AND Poetry : Thi'sl
Others articles of the Topic Hip hop : Rapper, Australian hip hop, Alternative hip hop, Rapping, Thi'sl, Underground hip hop, Experimental hip hop
Others articles of the Topic Poetry : Majid Naficy, Trip Lee, Steve Venright, Mana Aghaee, Serafim Kalliadasis, The B.L.P., Thi'sl
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Ben Westhoff (September 14, 2005). "St. Louis - News - Rap vs. Rapture". Riverfronttimes.com. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- 38th Annual GMA Dove Awards - Recipients Archived April 4, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- "HIStory Summer Tour Details - Cross Movement Records (CMR) .:: A Trusted Name In Christian Hip-Hop ::". Cross Movement Records. April 11, 1997. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- Don't Waste Your Life Tour Commercial + Dates Archived March 2, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- "Clear Sight Music // V.Rose - New Album Droppin' 8-16-11". Clearsightmusic.com. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- "FLAME to drop 'Captured' December 28th (cover revealed)". Rapzilla. November 4, 2010. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- "Flame Talks New Label & New Album Details". Rapzilla. August 11, 2010. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- "Flame: Man On Fire". CCMmagazine.com. Archived from the original on October 7, 2008. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- "Flame Releases New Album March 6th". Archived from the original on July 15, 2012. Retrieved January 18, 2012.
This article "Flame (rapper)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.