Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
KSI vs Logan Paul
Lua error in Module:Effective_protection_level at line 60: attempt to index field 'TitleBlacklist' (a nil value).
|Date||8:30 PM BST, 25 August 2018|
|Venue||Manchester Arena, Manchester, England|
|Title(s) on the line||YouTube Boxing Championship Title|
|Tale of the tape|
KSI vs. Logan Paul is a two-part amateur boxing match between respective British and American YouTube personalities KSI and Logan Paul. The first of the two parts was to be held on 25 August 2018 at 8:30 PM BST in the Manchester Arena, Manchester, England, and was to be streamed on YouTube's pay-per-view platform. The fight has been labeled "the largest event in YouTube history" and "the largest ever amateur boxing fight". A rematch will take place at an undetermined United States venue.
After KSI's successful fight with fellow YouTuber Joe Weller on 3 February 2018 at the Copper Box Arena in London, which received over 20 million views, he challenged Logan Paul's younger brother Jake to fight. Jake Paul was initially the one to fight KSI, however, Jake backed down, letting his older brother Logan step in to fight KSI whilst KSI's younger brother Deji Olatunji (also known as ComedyShortsGamer) stepped in to to fight Jake. Deji didn't want to be fighting on the under card of the fight so it was agreed it would be advertised with Deji and Jake's names the same way as the main event. The two parties have signed contracts agreeing to have two fights, one to be held on 25 August 2018 at the Manchester Arena in the United Kingdom, and another to be held on 4 February 2019 in the United States. Originally, Logan and Jake Paul wanted any fight to be held in a neutral venue, preferably Dubai, United Arab Emirates, but Logan had decided to go with the two-fight plan. The fight bought the attention of the mainstream media aswell as professional boxing promoter Eddie Hearn as well as boxers such as Floyd Mayweather, Tyson Fury, Amir Khan and Ricky Hatton. Professional UFC fighter Michael Bisping, who trained KSI prior to the match, said the fight was "an insulting mockery" to professional boxing and martial arts, stating, "I find it almost insulting to everybody that has dedicated their life to being a fighter. Come up the hard way, been a lifelong boxer or martial artist and then these two come in… they’re almost making a mockery of the sport of boxing and martial arts."
Two press conferences have been held to promote the fight. The first was held on 16 June outside the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles which was hosted by two-time Heavyweight champion Shannon Briggs.
The second press conference was held on 18 July at York Hall in Bethnal Green, East London, this time hosted by YouTube personality True Geordie who commentated on the KSI vs. Joe Weller fight. During the London press conference, KSI and Deji mocked both Logan and Jake, Logan's girlfriend Chloe Bennet and their father Greg Paul to the point that both Paul brothers walked out of the press conference prematurely.
Following the press conference, fans of KSI and Deji attacked Logan and Jake's their cars which were rented by their friend and Las Vegas nightclub promoter Arman Izadi. Izadi threatened Deji with a lawsuit against him, claiming that Deji incited the fans to attack the Pauls and challenged Izadi to a bare knuckle fight. Deji denied these claims and said "the attack resulted from other factors, including the fact that Greg Paul actually assaulted a fan first.”
After the press conference, the Pauls requested for True Geordie to not commentate on the fight, claiming that he was "biased" towards the KSI camp for allowing him to insult the Pauls without intervening. After speaking over the phone, the situation was resolved and it was confirmed True Geordie would be commentating on the fight.
The weigh in was held on 24 August 2018 and was co-hosted by the same host as the London press conference True Geordie as well as Michael Buffer. KSI weighed in at 187 lb (85kg), 2kg heavier than his previous fight with Joe Weller. Meanwhile Logan came in at 189 lb (86 kg). KSI took part in the weigh in wearing a Chloe Bennet mask in an attempt to get into Logan's head. For the co-main event, Deji weighed in at 79kg with Paul weighing 82.5kg.
On the fight's undercard, JMX was expected to fight TGFBro´s Romell Henry, but Henry later pulled out due to injury and was replaced by HalalHam. It was later revealed that JMX will instead be fighting YouTuber and athlete Coach Richard, and that HalalHam will be facing Jrizzy Jeremy.
The fight was to be held at the Manchester Arena in Manchester, England. Tickets for the fight went on sale on 22 June after an announcement by KSI on his YouTube channel. General admission tickets would start at a price of £30 with the highest level package pricing at £495. They had elected to go with Eventim UK for distribution of sales. Tickets made available priced from £30, £40, £50, £60, £80, £100, £150 and VIP £495. Although the event was jointly promoted by Upload Events, Maverick Media and OP Talent, Upload Events were the lead promoter of the fight.
The fight will be streamed on pay-per-view on YouTube, via a YouTube channel dedicated to the fight. The pay-per-view was set to cost £6 in the United Kingdom but was raised to £7.50, and $8 in the United States. The pay-per-view prices received negative responses from fans, as KSI's past fight with Joe Weller was streamed on YouTube for free. YouTubers True Geordie, Joe Weller and Laurence McKenna are set to commentate on the fight. Iconic ring announcer Michael Buffer is set to be announcing the fighters.
Due to the high profile of the event in the social and online world, and the use of pay-per-view instead of the usual free YouTube streaming, pirate streams of the fight became a concern for promoters. In a video by KSI, he stated that "anyone who is planning on illegally streaming or torrenting the fight won't be able to as employees from Google and YouTube will be taking down and disabling streams all through the night." However, this did not discourage fans from advertising illegal streams on social media websites such as Twitter and Instagram in protest against the use of pay-per-view. KSI tried to address the use of pay-per-view via Twitter stating, "The cost of the event itself is on another level to last time (the KSI vs Joe Weller fight). Plus the press conferences, weigh-in and making other content for the new channel, all adds up."
The winner of the fight will receive/retain the YouTube championship belt. The belt is of red colour with gold motifs. Its design features an eagle with its wings fully spread atop a golden globe with a crown at its center. The belt was presented to KSI at his previous fight by professional boxer Dereck Chisora.
Odds are as of 24 August 2018.
|KSI (Olajide Olatunji)||vs.||Logan Paul||Note 1|
|Deji Olatunji||vs.||Jake Paul|
|Halal Ham||vs.||Jrizzy Jeremy|
^Note 1 For YouTube Boxing Championship title
Others articles of the Topic Boxing : Michael Carey (boxer)
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- White-collar boxing
- Chambers, Georgia (22 August 2018). "KSI vs Logan Paul fight: Everything you need to know about the boxing match including tickets and how to watch on YouTube". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- Alexander, Julia (26 February 2018). "YouTube boxing just went international, so when does YouTube get involved?". Polygon. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- Hern, Alex (20 July 2018). "KSI v Logan Paul: YouTubers trash talk ahead of world wide web title fight". The Guardian. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- "KSI vs Logan Paul fight time, date, tickets, odds and undercard". Metro. 2018-08-22. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- Radio Times Staff (22 August 2018). "KSI v Logan Paul: why are YouTube's biggest stars going to fight in the boxing ring?". Radio Times. Retrieved 23 August 2018.
- "YouTubers Logan Paul and KSI confirm boxing showdown in Manchester". Sky News. Retrieved 2018-08-24.
- Sharman, Jon (6 February 2018). "KSI vs Joe Weller: Millions watch YouTube stars' boxing match". The Independent.
- Lindsay, Jessica (5 February 2018). "KSI vs Joe Weller has had over 20 Million views since Saturday". Metro.
- "KSI Vs Logan Paul Fight: All The Details Inc. Dates, Venue & More". Capital. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- "Boxing Promoter Eddie Hearn Says Logan Paul, KSI Fight Is Stupid And Brilliant". TMZ. 11 August 2018.
- Green, Simon (20 August 2018). "KSI vs Logan Paul fight SLAMMED by UFC icon Michael Bisping: 'It's an insulting mockery'". Daily Star. Retrieved 20 August 2018.
- "Syndicate Explains Why the KSI vs Logan Paul Press Conference Was Stopped - Plus Behind the Scenes Footage". Dexerto. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "Logan Paul and KSI Nearly Come to Blows at Superfight News Conference". TMZ. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- Weiss, Geoff (24 July 2018). "Ahead Of Boxing Match, Deji Olatunji Says He's Being Sued For Greg Paul Press Conference Assault". Tubefilter.
- Muggleton, Warren (23 July 2018). "KSI's brother Deji claims he's being SUED after Logan Paul's dad attacked in street". Daily Star.
- Haigh, Phil (30 July 2018). "The full KSI vs Logan Paul undercard featuring Deji, Jake Paul, JMX and Jay Swingler". Metro. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- Domin, Domin (22 August 2018). "KSI vs Logan Paul undercard: Full list of fights at Manchester Arena as YouTube boxers clash". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- Kelly, Emma (19 July 2018). "KSI and Logan Paul's fight will cost £6 for you to watch on YouTube". Metro. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- Deason, Ross (31 July 2018). "The True Geordie Will Commentate on the Logan Paul vs KSI Fight After All". Dexerto. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- Katzowitz, Josh (20 July 2018). "The KSI-Logan Paul YouTube boxing match will be a PPV event". The Daily Dot.
- Olatunji, Olajide [@KSIOlajidebt] (19 July 2018). "Just wanted to address those asking why we're charging to see the fight. The cost of the event itself is on another level to last time. Plus the press conferences, weigh-in and making other content for the new channel, all adds up" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "What KSI said to Joe Weller in the ring before their fight". Metro. 2018-02-09. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "KSI v Logan Paul Betting Odds". Oddschecker. Sky Betting & Gaming.
This article "KSI vs Logan Paul" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:KSI vs Logan Paul. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.