|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
Fatal error: The format of the coordinate could not be determined. Parsing failed.
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Kelambakkam is a rapidly growing suburban and residential locality of south-east of Chennai metropolitan city. It is located along OMR road, and is just 5 km from Siruseri IT park and 12 km from Sholinganalur junction. It is another important junction after Sholinganalur which connects GST road (Vandalur) and ECR road (Kovalam).
It is taluk of Thiruporur of Kanchipuram District. It comes under the revenue division of Chengalpattu. The famous old mahabalipuram road passes through the town. It is a semi-urban area. The famous covelong beach is near to kelambakkam. Politically, the locality comes under the Thiruporur assembly constituency and Kanchipuram loksabha constituency. Its present MLA is M. Kothandapani.
The total population of Kelambakkam is 5,189. No.of families living in Kelambakkam is 1,288. The literacy rate of this locality is 90.88%. The sex ratio in Kelambakkam is 1,018. More families are migrating to Kelambakkam, due to huge development and easy accessibility to Chennai city. 
- Velammal International School
- Sushil Hari International School(Senior Secondary School)
- St.Francis De Sales School(ICBSE syllabus)
- BKM Matriculation Hr. Sec. School
- Kids Zone School
- Little Millenium school
- Jagnath Vidhyalaya CBSE school(Senior Secondary School)
- Government Hr. Sec. school
Colleges nearby Kelambakkam
- Hindustan University
- SSN University
- SMK Fomra Institute of Technology
- Anand Institute of Technology
- PSB polytechnic college
- VIT University
- Tagore Medical college and Hospital
- IIT Madras Research campus(under construction)
- Chettinad Super Speciality Hospital
- Swaram Hospital
- JAYA clinic- Gynaecology specialist Hospital(Dr. Prema Jeyaprasad M.D.)- Opposite to Kelambakkam Police station
- Child specialist clinic(Dr.Rengaswamy M.D.)
- APOLLO Diagnostics
- Supreme Hospitals
Due to rapid development, Kelambakkam has changed a lot in terms of Commercial sectors over the past few years. The following commercial offices has established in Kelambakkam.
- Leading banks like HDFC, ICICI, AXIS, SBI, IOB, TMB, Central bank of India, Canara Bank has come up in Kelambakkam.
- Leading automobile showrooms like ROYAL Enfield, Yamaha, TVS, Hero, Honda was available in Kelambakkam.
- Other commercial developments like SATHYA Electronics showroom, Bata showroom, Sri Gupta Bhavan sweet shop, saloons like Naturals, Green Trends, Black & White are in Kelambakkam.
- Apart from branded stores, Kelambakkam has a huge vegetable and fish market where we can purchase them at very affordable price.
Due to huge development in Kelambakkam, lot of apartments like ADVAITA Blossom, Puravankara, Akshaya Today, Akshaya January, PBEL City, Vijay Shanthi Apt, Shoba Meritta apartments, villas like Humming Gardens, Vijaya Raja villa has came up in Kelambakkam.
Kelambakkam is well connected to almost all important destinations in Chennai city like T.Nagar, CMBT, Broadway, Central Railway station, Tambaram through frequent MTC bus services. New bus depot for Kelambakkam(Thaiyur) is under process for MTC bus shelter. Also, TamilNadu government is constructing Biggest Bus Terminus (88 acres) near Vandalur which takes just 20 minutes to reach through Vandalur-Kelambakkam road. This bus terminus is twice the size of CMBT bus terminus. Once constructed, it will be largest bus terminus in Asia.
Metro Train project-phase 2 is under process which comes till Siruseri IT park.
Shopping and entertainment
Kelambakkam has an array of nearby leisure and entertainment activities.
- Kovalam beach - It takes just 5 minutes to reach and enjoy Kovalam beach.
- Vandalur Zoo - It takes just 20 minutes to reach Vandalur zoo (largest zoo in India).
- Navalur - It takes just 10 minutes to reach Navalur. This locality is upcoming shopping hub on OMR road. Due to huge commercial development within short time, it is considered as next Velachery.
- Wonderla Theme park - It is under construction in Thiruporur area and takes just 5 minutes from Kelambakkam.
- Shopping malls like VIVIRA mall with AGS cinema multiplex and Grand Marina mall with INOX cinema multiplex are operational in Navalur and Siruseri.
- "Kelambakkam Village". One Five Nine. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- "Election Results 2016 - Thiruporur Assembly Constituency (Tamil Nadu)". Elections.in. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- "Kelambakkam Census Report - 2011". Census India. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- Covelong Beach
This article "Kelambakkam" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.