Mamidi Sai Akash
|Mamidi Sai Akash|
|Born||July 19, 1998|
|Mother Blood Bank|
Mamidi Sai Akash is an Indian entrepreneur and founder of Mother Blood Bank, a non-profit online blood bank service which has world’s largest number of registered volunteer blood donors nationwide. Akash was awarded a place in the Guinness World Records after enrolling 1.75 lakh members as donors on the website and organizing camps with 1.02 lakh donors at various parts of 18 cities.
Akash founded software company, Awesome Computech, at the age of 13 when he was in class 8. At 15, he established a voluntary organization called Mother Blood Bank. The idea for online blood bank came to Akash after he faced difficulties in arranging blood for immediate transfusion when one of his friend had an accident. In June 2015, on International Yoga Day Akash launched a mobile app named "NAMO Yoga" that features 15 yoga asanas which are performed on the day. In 2016, Akash took the ACT and SAT exams and received perfect scores. He decided to attend Stanford University, and is pursuing a BS Degree in Computer Science.
- Kumar, Tharun B (7 July 2015). "The Blood Company's Boss". Deccan Chronicle. Deccan Chronicle.
- "This Inter student is bloody good". The Hans India. Vijaywada. The Hans India. 6 July 2015. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
- "Largest blood donation (multiple venues)". Guinness World Records. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
- "Guinness recognition for blood donation". Eenaadu. Eenaadu. 5 July 2015.
- "Guinness record by a 17 year student- a rare and an exceptional one". Andhra jyothi. Andhra jyothi. 6 July 2015.
- "1.7L Register with City Lad's Portal for Blood Donation". The New Indian Express. Vijaywada. Express News Service. 11 April 2015. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
- "Rs 100-cr Yoga Research Centre Coming up in Capital Region". The New Indian Express. Vijaywada. Express News Service. 21 June 2015. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
- "I am chasing my dreams". The Hans India. Stanford, CA. 4 April 2016. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- Srinivas, Rajulapudi (11 April 2016). "Vijayawada lad makes a mark in ACT". The Hindu. The Hindu.
This article "Mamidi Sai Akash" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.