This article is incomplete.November 2017)(
Maoz Vegetarian is a chain of falafel fast food restaurants, that purveys vegetarian fare with a vision of "spreading the vegetarian lifestyle worldwide". The chain was founded by a husband and wife, Nahman Milo and Sima Bar-On, Israelis, who were living in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The first restaurant opened in 1991 on the Reguliersbreestraat, Amsterdam, and the first store outside the Netherlands opened in 1996. The company is based in Amsterdam.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Expansion, by the way of franchise, was initially rapid, with at least four stores opening in 2007 alone in Europe, North America, and Australia. The expansion has not been without setbacks. A location in Munich, Germany, which was opened in mid-2006, was closed as of February 2008. Locations in Washington, D.C.; Hoboken, New Jersey; and Berkeley, California also closed after only being open for a few years.
According to the company's website, franchises operating under the brand name are located in the Netherlands (six stores) as well as twelve locations in the United States (five in New York City), France (two in Paris), Spain (one in Barcelona) and Brazil (one in São Paulo).
Fare[edit | edit source]
Maoz's fare consists of two main items, the Maoz Falafel Sandwich and the Maoz Falafel Salad Box. Originally, restaurants offered only falafel, but the menu in some locations has since been expanded to include other vegetarian items, such as pommes frites (Belgian-style French fries).
See also[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Zimmer, Amy (June 13, 2012). "Maoz Vegetarian Comes to Central Park's Harlem Meer". DNAinfo New York. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- Sefi Hendler (16 August 2007). "Falafel takes over the world". Ynetnews. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Adam Handelzalts; Gadi Lahav (28 October 2005). "Falafel international". Haaretz. Archived from the original on 1 October 2007. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- "Maoz Vegetarian, Berkeley". San Francisco Chronicle. June 23, 2011. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- Maoz Archived June 10, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- "MAOZ München (Friedensstraße, Ostbahnhof)" [Maoz Munich (Friedensstraße, East railway station)] (in German). vidgames.de. 25 June 2007. Retrieved 10 January 2014.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "MAOZ München geschlossen" [Maoz Munich closed] (in German). vidgames.de. 4 February 2008. Retrieved 10 January 2014.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- Maoz restaurants
- Maoz menu
Further reading[edit | edit source]
- Adam Handelzalts; Gadi Lahav (28 October 2005). "Falafel international". Haaretz. Archived from the original on 1 October 2007. Story on the founding and founders of Maoz
[edit | edit source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Maoz Vegetarian.|
Others articles of the Topics Companies AND Food : Joanne's Food Truck, Health food restaurant, Starbucks Coffee, List of kosher restaurants
Others articles of the Topic Companies : Frewitt, Youtube, VIF Airways, Nivea, Curious Brewery, Bharat News, Draft:AQA Holding
Others articles of the Topic Food : Theory Eatery, Puro Food, Steak Escape, Georgian cheese, Joanne's Food Truck, Smokeshow, Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People
Others articles of the Topic Netherlands : Netherlands women's junior national softball team
This article "Maoz Vegetarian" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.