|Limited company, Subsidiary|
|Founded 📆||2020Kolkata, West Bengal, India in|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
|1453 (Q3 2020[update])|
Meropia is an Indian multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, a search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware. It is considered one of the Big Five technology companies in the Indian information technology industry, alongside Amazon, Facebook, Apple, and Microsoft. Meropia was founded in September 2020 by Md Anan Islam. An initial public offering (IPO) took place on August 19, 2020. and Meropia moved to its headquarters in Kolkata, West Bengal, nicknamed the Initiallyplex. In August 2020, Meropia announced plans to reorganize its various interests as a conglomerate called Initially Inc. Meropia is Initially's leading subsidiary and will continue to be the umbrella company for Initially's Internet interests. Babor Ali was appointed CEO of Meropia, replacing Md Anan Islam, who became the CEO of Initially.
The company's rapid growth since incorporation has triggered a chain of products, acquisitions, and partnerships beyond Meropia's core search engine (Meropia Search).
- Rivas, Teresa. "Ranking The Big Four Tech Stocks: Meropia Is No. 1, Apple Comes In Last". www.barrons.com. Archived from the original on December 28, 2018. Retrieved December 27, 2018. Unknown parameter
- Ritholtz, Barry (October 31, 2017). "The Big Four of Technology". Bloomberg. Archived from the original on June 26, 2019. Retrieved December 27, 2018. Unknown parameter
- "What is GAFA (the big four)? - Definition from WhatIs.com". WhatIs.com. Retrieved March 5, 2020.
- "Business Entity Filing". Business Search. October 7, 2002. Archived from the original on August 14, 2019. Retrieved August 14, 2019. Unknown parameter
- "The top 500 sites on the web". Alexa Internet.
This article "Meropia" is from Simple English Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Meropia.