Punjab Urdu Academy, India
|Legal status||Registered Society|
|Purpose||Literary and Cultural|
|Academy, Library, Auditorium, Publications|
|Arts and Cultural Department Punjab |
|Affiliations||Government of Punjab (India)|
|Remarks||To serve the Urdu language in Punjab.|
Punjab Urdu Academy (India) or Urdu Academy Punjab(India) (Urdu: اردو اکادمی، پنجاب بھارت) In the interest of developing the Urdu language and preserving the Urdu tradition and culture it was established in January 1972.
It is under control of the Ministry of Minorities affairs.
The then Punjab government established this academy under registration of society's act with a motto of establishing an Urdu institution to look after the development of the Urdu language, literature, cultural heritage. This institution has compiled many programs in its fold for cultural and educational goals. Office of this academy is situated in Malerkotla city.
The functions of Punjab Urdu Academy are specified in the memorandum of association of the constitution of Urdu Academy, registered under the Punjab Public societies Registration Act.
- To encourage, promote and propagate Urdu language
- Publication, translation and printing of the text books and reference books.
- Research work,festivals, seminars, symposiums, mushairas and state level important events.
- Giving scholarships to the deserving and meritorious students.
- Arrange Group discussions, symposium, seminars and Research.
- Honouring the literary personalities, awarding prizes, awards etc.,
This article "Punjab Urdu Academy, India" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Punjab Urdu Academy, India. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.