|Founder 👔||Hannan Majid|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|Products 📟||Documentary films|
Number of employees
Its films include Bafana (2006), AmaZulu: The Children of Heaven (2006), The Machinists (2010), Baghdad Holiday (2010), Tears in the Fabric (2014) and Mass E Bhat (2014).
It have shot, directed and produced documentaries in South Africa, Bangladesh, Iraq and the UK, and have won awards in Dubai, France and the Czech Republic. They have collaborated with Traid (Textiles Recycling for Aid and International Development), War On Want, Amnesty International, The Consortium For Street Children, Labour Behind the Label and International Labor Rights Forum. Their films have been exhibited at film festivals including, Abu Dhabi, Cambridge, Bite The Mango, Cape Town, Durban, East End, Leeds International and AlJazeera International Documentary.
In partnership with Traid, "they have made a series of citizen journalist films with Cambodian garment workers" that Lucy Siegle, writing in The Guardian in 2017, considered "well worth a watch".
In August 2017 they became members of DIGNItex, a platform for defending decent jobs in the garment industry.
- Bafana (2006)
- AmaZulu: The Children of Heaven (2006)
- The Machinists (2010)
- Baghdad Holiday (2010)
- Tears in the Fabric (2014)
- Mass E Bhat (2014)
- Swash, Rosie (23 April 2014). "Rana Plaza anniversary: how to help on Fashion Revolution Day". The Guardian. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- Zarandi, Oliver (9 September 2014). "Bring food – not a ticket – to see Rainbow Collective's documentary about Bangladesh". London: East End Review. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- McVeigh, Tracy (19 April 2014). "Ethical lobby to target fashion retailers with supply chain campaign". The Guardian. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- Myburg, Debbie (13 June 2011). "Hope amidst the hardship". South Africa: The South African. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- Siegle, Lucy (9 April 2017). "The eco guide to global goals". The Guardian. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "About us". Rainbow Collective. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- intray, Events. "Rainbow Collective Film Festival: Day 4". www.leeds.ac.uk. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- Badal, Julie Flynn (28 April 2014). "Revisiting Rana Plaza". HuffPost. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "Who we are - Dignitex". Dignitex. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
This article "Rainbow Collective" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Rainbow Collective. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.