|Born||Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India|
|Unit||44 Rashtriya Rifles|
Major Rohit Shukla SC, is an Indian Army Officer of 44 Rashtriya Rifles. He received the Shaurya Chakra, the third highest peacetime military award from the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind at the Defence Investiture Ceremony–I, at a ceremony in Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi on March 27, 2018. He is currently posted with the 44 Rashtriya Rifles in Pulwama's Shadimarg area in Jammu & Kashmir.
On April 30, 2018, Major Shukla killed the A++ category terrorist of Hizbul Mujahideen, Sameer Tiger in a joint operation by Jammu and Kashmir Police, Indian Army and Central Reserve Police Force. A day before his encounter, Tiger threatened Indian Army, specifically Major Shukla in a viral video. However, Shukla was critically injured during the encounter.
- "Major martyred in J&K gets gallantry award". Daily Excelsior. March 28, 2018.
- "Kirti Chakra & Shaurya Chakra". Press Information Bureau. Ministry of Defence. January 25, 2018.
- "The man behind Tiger's hunt: Major Rohit Shukla". eenaduindia. May 1, 2018.
- "Family proud of Maj Shukla's heroics". Tribune India. May 4, 2018.
- "How Army Major Rohit Shukla killed Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist 'Tiger' in J&K's Pulwama". Zee News. Apr 30, 2018.
- Hassan, Ishfaq-ul- (May 2, 2018). "J&K gun battle: Sameer Tiger had dared Major Rohit Shukla 24 hours before death". DNA India.
- Hussain, Khalid (Apr 30, 2018). "Army Major who killed Hizbul terrorist Sameer Tiger currently battling for life". DNA India.
- Goel, Pallavi (May 3, 2018). "You'll Be Proud To Know What This Indian Army Officer Has Done For The Country!". Topyaps.com.
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: When Major Rohit Shukla KILLING Sameer Tiger on ABP News
- Captain Rohit Shukla Shaurya Chakra – 2018
|This Indian military-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Rohit Shukla" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Rohit Shukla. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.