|Founded 📆||2014 in Calgary, Canada|
|Founder 👔||Lucas McCarthy, President and CEO|
Area served 🗺️
|Lucas McCarthy, CEO; Tyler Vasselin, CFO; Paul O'Donoghue, Chairman; Kelly Thompson, Executive Director, Tech and Marketing.|
Number of employees
|Less than 50|
|🌐 Website||[Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 665: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value). ]|
Showpass is a Canadian-based mobile ticket and event management service. The service allows users to browse, create, and promote local events. The service charges a fee to event organizers in exchange for online ticketing services, unless the event is free..
McCarthy originally founded Showpass as “GetQd”.
In 2015, GetQd won a Small Business Calgary Award in the Emerging Growth category. While GetQd
attracted 40,000 users in its first year alone, McCarthy lacked the capital to compete with larger companies in the market.
However, Lucas spotted opportunity in helping his existing hospitality clients better connect with the events business through a shared ticketing platform. In 2016, the company was renamed as Showpass, and it won a Small Business Calgary Award in the Breakout Business category.
In January 2018, Showpass officially partnered with Facebook to become a native ticketing provider. Showpass was the only independent Canadian company to partner with Facebook – and the fourth in the world – to allow users to purchase tickets right on the social media platform without having to navigate to a third-party app or site
In March 2018, Showpass secured undisclosed mezzanine financing from the Growth and Transition Capital division of BDC Capital. McCarthy said the funds would be used to grow the Showpass mobile-focused event ticketing platform’s reach in the domestic market, in part by attracting more technical and sales talent to its team.
- "Event Ticketing Fees - Pricing - Showpass". www.showpass.com.
- "The Calgary-curated ticket to the show - CED". www.calgaryeconomicdevelopment.com.
- "2018 40 Under 40: Lucas McCarthy, Showpass". Connect Corporate. April 2, 2018.
- "2016 Winners and Finalists". Small Business Week Calgary.
- Spence, Rick (January 23, 2018). "'Thank you. This confirms your concert-ticket purchase. And your parking. And your t-shirt and beer.'". Financial Post.
- "Showpass Partners with Facebook Canada to Sell Tickets In-App". Techvibes.
- "Showpass Secures BDC Investment". BDC.
This article "Showpass" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Showpass. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.