The Bounce (song)
It has been suggested that this article be merged into The Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse. (Discuss) Proposed since October 2018.
|Song by Jay-Z featuring Kanye West|
|from the album The Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse|
|Released||November 12, 2002|
"The Bounce" is a song by American rapper Jay-Z that features fellow rap artist Kanye West, from his seventh studio album, The Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse (2002).
West's verse on the track marked his very first appearance as a rapper on any Roc-A-Fella release, which was on the sequel to The Blueprint (2001), an album he helped craft. However, it was far from the last, since Jay and Kanye eventually released the collaboration album Watch the Throne (2011) under the label.
Vocals from Audio Two's 1987 single "Top Billin'" are sampled throughout the song. As well as this, it samples vocals from Alka Yagnik and Ila Arun's 1993 song "Choli Ke Peeche Kya Hai" throughout.
Pitchfork described "The Bounce" as Jay showing: 'extreme assonance'.
|US Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles (Billboard)||12|
- "The Complete History of Kanye West Guest Verses". Complex. Retrieved September 3, 2018.
- "Digging deep: Kanye's sharp edge". Dummy Mag. Retrieved September 3, 2018.
- The Blueprint²: The Gift & the Curse (CD liner). Jay-Z. Roc-A-Fella Records. 2002. p. 1.
- "JAY-Z: The Blueprint 2: The Gift and the Curse / Blueprint 2.1 Album Review". Pitchfork. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- "Jay-Z The Bounce Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- "Chart Search". Billboard. Retrieved September 3, 2018.
- Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
This article "The Bounce (song)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Bounce (song). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.