Zerodha Broking Ltd.
Script error: No such module "Draft topics". Script error: No such module "AfC topic".
|File:Logo of Zerodha.png|
|Founded 📆||August 2010|
|Founders 👔||Nithin Kamath & Nikhil Kamath|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|Products 📟||Kite, Coin, Console, Varsity mobile|
Electronic trading platform
Number of employees
|Divisions||Zerodha Commodities Pvt. Ltd.|
Zerodha Broking Ltd. is an Indian Financial services company, and a member of the National Stock Exchange (NSE), Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX). The company offers both institutional and retail brokerage services, currency trading, commodities trading, as well as mutual funds and bonds. Founded in 2010, Zerodha is headquartered in Bengaluru and maintains a physical presence in several major Indian cities.
Zerodha was founded in August 2010 by brothers Nithin and Nikhil Kamath.
The company's name, "Zerodha," is a fusion of two terms that reflect its corporate ideals: "Zero" and "Rodha," a Sanskrit word meaning "barrier."
By 2019, Zerodha had become the largest retail stockbroker in India, boasting an active client base of 10 million and contributing up to 2% of the daily retail trading volumes on Indian stock exchanges.
In June 2020, Zerodha achieved a significant milestone by entering the "unicorn club," signifying a self-valuation of approximately $1 billion. This valuation was determined during an Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP) buyback exercise in which the company valued each share at more than four times its book value of ₹700 (US$8.80) per share. 
Zerodha offers a wide range of financial services and products. Key services include:
- Equity Trading: Offering brokerage-free equity investments, allowing retail investors to invest in the stock market without traditional brokerage fees.
- Derivative Trading: Charging nominal fees for trading in derivatives, such as futures and options. 
- Mutual Funds House: Zerodha has received the final approval from the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to initiate its mutual fund business. 
- Educational Resources: Hosting various educational initiatives and tools to help investors understand the financial markets under the brand name Varsity. 
Technical problems and outages
There have been multiple reports of technical issues including glitches, system outages, and connectivity issues on Zerodha's Kite platform, especially on days with high Market volatility and F&O expiration days.
In November 2020, Livemint reported that some Zerodha traders complained that they were unable to access its Kite platform due to a technical glitch. Several users have taken to Twitter to report a login problem. Zerodha, in an official statement, admitted the act.
- "30 Under 30: Nikhil Kamath - Chess to derivatives, all in a day's work". Forbes. Retrieved September 21, 2016.
- Barbora, Lisa Pallavi (April 12, 2013). "Advantage customers: providers shift focus". Mint. HT Media. Retrieved April 11, 2015.
- "Bengaluru broking firm Zerodha scraps fee for cash trades; rivals miffed by move". The Economic Times. December 2, 2015. Retrieved December 2, 2015.
- "Business News Today: Read Latest Business news, India Business News Live, Share Market & Economy News". Retrieved August 1, 2013.
- Thomas, Tanya (January 4, 2017). "Active accounts: discount brokers gain market share". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved August 12, 2017.
- "Technology helps us unleash innovation in the capital markets: Zerodha CTO Kailash Nadh". Economic Times. April 3, 2018. Retrieved August 11, 2018.
- "The Zerodha story: How the Kamath brothers built India's largest retail broker". Moneycontrol. 2019-01-18. Retrieved 2023-08-18.
- "Here's how Zerodha became India's biggest stock brokerage". The Times of India. 2019-01-20. ISSN 0971-8257. Retrieved 2023-08-18.
- "Take A Look At The 'Journey Beyond Unicorn' With Nikhil Kamath". Forbes India. Retrieved 2023-08-18.
- inventiva https://www.inventiva.co.in/stories/2020-startup-zerodha/. Missing or empty
- "The Discount Brokerage: How Zerodha Founder Kamath Brothers Revolutionized Online Trading In India". Zee News. Retrieved 2023-08-18.
- "Zerodha gets final nod from Sebi to launch mutual fund business: Nithin Kamath". cnbctv18.com. 2023-08-14. Retrieved 2023-08-18.
- "Zerodha to launch its MF business soon - Cafemutual.com". Cafemutual. Retrieved 2023-08-18.
- "Zerodha has a booming content platform within, but it has no plans to milk it". Business Insider. Retrieved 2023-08-18.
- Borate, Jash Kriplani,Neil (2023-01-20). "Zerodha wants to tutor your kid on the ABC of finance". mint. Retrieved 2023-08-18.
- "Will Zerodha compensate investor losses caused by tech glitch?". Livemint. Retrieved March 19, 2020.
- "Zerodha server down due to connectivity issue, management clarifies". Moneycontrol. Retrieved 19 March 2020.
- "Unplugged, Zerodha not to depend on leased lines". Business Line. Retrieved 19 March 2020.
- "Zerodha's Kite platform faces technical issues". CNBC TV18. Retrieved March 19, 2020.
- "Some Zerodha traders peeved as Reliance Jio users face login issue". mint. 5 November 2020. Retrieved 3 December 2020.
|This article related or pertaining to the economy of India is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This India-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This finance-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This economics-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Zerodha" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Zerodha. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.