Type of site
|Products||Kite, Coin, Console, Varsity|
Commodity Trading ,
|Subsidiaries||Zerodha Commodities Pvt. Ltd.|
|Alexa rank||260 (Global, September 2020[update])|
Zerodha is an Indian financial service company (member of NSE, BSE, MCX, MCX-SX), that offers retail and institutional broking, currencies and commodities trading, mutual funds, and bonds. Founded in 2010, the company is headquartered in Bangalore and has physical presence in several major Indian cities.
In June 2020, Zerodha entered the unicorn club with a self-assessed valuation of about $1 Billion. This valuation was based on the ESOP buyback exercise the company undertook valuing each share at more than four times of the book value of INR 700 per share. 
A flat fee of a maximum of Rs 20 is applied to a trade, irrespective of its size, and it offers an array of purpose built trading applications to its retail customers.
It has won the "Economic Times Startup Awards 2016" in the "Bootstrap Champ" category. The company also won the BSE-D&B "Emerging Equity Broking House Award" in 2014 and 2015, and the NSE "Retail Broker of the Year" award in 2018.
Founded in 2014, Rainmatter was founded as an early-stage fund with a corpus of Rs. 50 Crore. By keeping the ticket size lower than $1 Million per investment, the fund has focused on minimizing risk but focus on funding start-ups in the field of new technology and new product development. Some notable investments of Rainmatter are in start-ups like Cred, Finception, Smallcase and Sensibull.
True Beacon and Mutual Fund AMC
In 2019, Zerodha started True Beacon, the Alternative Investment Fund focused on giving returns in volatile markets through their defensive investment strategy. The $2 Million minimum investment fund has been able to generate a return in excess of 13% in its first year. In 2020, Zerodha has applied for a license to establish a Mutual Fund AMC in India.
Technical glitches and outages
There have been multiple reports of technical issues including glitches, system outages and connectivity problems on Zerodha's Kite platform, especially on days with high market volatility and F&O expiry days.
Other articles of the topic Companies : United Plankton Pictures, Inc., Creatures of Leisure, Hyundai Movex Co., Ltd., OMLP2P, Intellitech Corp., Proteon, Inc., Genesis Microsystems Inc
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of companies of India
- "30 Under 30: Nikhil Kamath - Chess to derivatives, all in a day's work". Forbes. Retrieved 2016-09-21.
- "Zerodha faces 2nd snag in 6 months; leaves traders miffed". Retrieved 24 July 2020 – via The Economic Times.
- Barbora, Lisa Pallavi (12 April 2013). "Advantage customers: providers shift focus". Mint. HT Media. Retrieved 11 April 2015.
- "Bengaluru broking firm Zerodha scraps fee for cash trades; rivals miffed by move". The Economic Times. 2015-12-02. Retrieved 2015-12-02.
- Baruah, Ayushman. "Zerodha Trade Winds of Change". BW Businessworld. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Zerodha opens its Ahmedabad support center". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2013-08-01.
- Thomas, Tanya (2017-01-04). "Active accounts: discount brokers gain market share". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2017-08-12.
- "Technology helps us unleash innovation in the capital markets: Zerodha CTO Kailash Nadh". Economic Times. 2018-04-03. Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- "Zerodha replaces biggies as largest broker in India - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2019-01-12.
- "Zerodha Claims Unicorn Valuation In ESOPs Buyback Plan". Inc42 Media (in Latina). 2020-06-22. Retrieved 2020-06-25.
- "Here's how Zerodha became India's biggest stock brokerage - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2019-08-24.
- "Nithin and Nikhil Kamath: Code Zero". Forbes India. 2018-09-21. Retrieved 2018-09-28.
- "Average daily turnover surges in both F&O and cash segments; HNIs also get into the mix". Economic Times. 2015-03-12. Retrieved 2015-04-09.
- "Broking startup Zerodha to enter non-banking finance space and expand overseas". The Economic Times. 2015-09-03. Retrieved 2015-09-28.
- "Zerodha commodities". Retrieved 24 July 2020.
- "ET Startup Awards 2016: How the Bootstrap Champ Zerodha is taking investment to the masses". The Economic Times. 2016-01-12. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- ""Zerodha – India's best retail brokerage for 2018" by NSE". Zerodha blog. 2018-12-04.
- Kamath, Shashank (2020-06-17). "Zerodha: More than a discount-broking company". A Word To The World. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- www.ETtech.com. "Zerodha's Rainmatter invests Rs 4 crore in Finception - ETtech". ETtech.com. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Bhakta, Pratik (2019-11-14). "Zerodha steps up as angel investor". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- "Zerodha applies for mutual fund license". The Economic Times. 2020-02-20. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- "Amidst Dismal Market Performance True Beacon's Impressive Debut". The Week. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- "Will Zerodha compensate investor losses caused by tech glitch?". Livemint. Retrieved 19 March 2020.
- "Zerodha server down due to connectivity issue, management clarifies". Moneycontrol. Retrieved 19 March 2020.
- "Unplugged, Zerodha not to depend on leased lines". Business Line. Retrieved 19 March 2020.
- "Zerodha's Kite platform faces technical issues". CNBC TV18. Retrieved 19 March 2020.
This article "Zerodha" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Zerodha. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.