|Residence||New York City|
|Alma mater||Rochester Institute of Technology|
|Occupation||CEO & co-founder, Coin Apex; co-founder, Coin Validation|
Alex Waters is an American technology entrepreneur and the CEO and co-founder of Coin Apex, a New York City-based incubator that helps facilitate the creation and growth of technology startups. He has also been active in the creation of bitcoin-related companies Coin.co and Coin Validation.
Education[edit | edit source]
Career[edit | edit source]
Waters co-founded Coin Apex, a bitcoin incubator and investment company, and serves as CEO. Prior to Coin Apex, Waters was a computer programmer, before working on bitcoin with the core development team, and joining now-defunct bitcoin exchange site BitInstant as COO and CIO. Along with Matthew Mellon and Yifu Guo, he then co-founded bitcoin due diligence service Coin Validation, which aims to help bitcoin users be compliant with U.S. regulators. Waters is also a co-founder of Coin.co, a bitcoin payment processing facilitator. In early 2015, Waters was a speaker on The Business Survival Guide to Bitcoin panel at the New York State Bar Association.
Views[edit | edit source]
Waters has stated that he believes there is the potential for bitcoin technology to be used in other areas, such as a decentralized ledger system. In an interview with Benzinga, Waters stated his view that the impact of bitcoin will rival that of the Internet.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Advisory Board". Lifeboat Foundation. Retrieved August 22, 2014.
- "The changing realm of Bitcoin". Fox Business. March 14, 2014.
- "Who Created Bitcoin… and Does It Matter?". Bloomberg TV. March 10, 2014.
- Taylor, Colleen (May 17, 2013). "With $1.5M Led By Winklevoss Capital, BitInstant Aims To Be The Go-To Site To Buy And Sell Bitcoins". TechCrunch.
- Hill, Kashmir (November 13, 2013). "Sanitizing Bitcoin: This Company Wants To Track 'Clean' Bitcoin Accounts". Forbes.
- Liu, Alec (April 10, 2013). "How To Really Get Rich From Bitcoins". Vice. Archived from the original on November 6, 2014. Retrieved August 22, 2014.
- "Is the Government Sanctioning Bitcoin With Auction?". Bloomberg TV. June 13, 2014.
- "Business Law Section & Corporate Counsel Section Annual Meeting". New York State Bar Association. January 28, 2015.
- Waters, Alex (March 7, 2014). "How Many Eyes Are on the Books?". The Hub. Archived from the original on June 21, 2014. Retrieved June 25, 2014.
- Bedigian, Louis (March 25, 2015). "Coin.co CEO: Bitcoin's Impact On Society Will Rival The Internet". Benzinga.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Alex Waters" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Alex Waters. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.