|🏡 Residence||New York City|
|Rochester Institute of Technology|
CEO & co-founder, Coin Apex; co-founder, Coin Validation
💵 Salary :
|📆 Years active||2010-present|
Alex Waters is an American technology entrepreneur and the CEO and co-founder of Coin Apex, a New York City-based incubator that helps facilitate the creation and growth of technology startups. He has also been active in the creation of bitcoin-related companies Coin.co and Coin Validation.
Waters studied software engineering at the Rochester Institute of Technology.
Waters co-founded Coin Apex, a bitcoin incubator and investment company, and serves as CEO. Prior to Coin Apex, Waters was a computer programmer, before working on bitcoin with the core development team, and joining now-defunct bitcoin exchange site BitInstant as COO and CIO. Along with Matthew Mellon and Yifu Guo, he then co-founded bitcoin due diligence service Coin Validation, which aims to help bitcoin users be compliant with U.S. regulators. Waters is also a co-founder of Coin.co, a bitcoin payment processing facilitator. In early 2015, Waters was a speaker on The Business Survival Guide to Bitcoin panel at the New York State Bar Association.
Waters has stated that he believes there is the potential for bitcoin technology to be used in other areas, such as a decentralized ledger system. In an interview with Benzinga, Waters stated his view that the impact of bitcoin will rival that of the Internet.
- "Advisory Board". Lifeboat Foundation. Retrieved August 22, 2014.
- "The changing realm of Bitcoin". Fox Business. March 14, 2014.
- "Who Created Bitcoin… and Does It Matter?". Bloomberg TV. March 10, 2014.
- Taylor, Colleen (May 17, 2013). "With $1.5M Led By Winklevoss Capital, BitInstant Aims To Be The Go-To Site To Buy And Sell Bitcoins". TechCrunch.
- Hill, Kashmir (November 13, 2013). "Sanitizing Bitcoin: This Company Wants To Track 'Clean' Bitcoin Accounts". Forbes.
- Liu, Alec (April 10, 2013). "How To Really Get Rich From Bitcoins". Vice. Archived from the original on November 6, 2014. Retrieved August 22, 2014.
- "Is the Government Sanctioning Bitcoin With Auction?". Bloomberg TV. June 13, 2014.
- "Business Law Section & Corporate Counsel Section Annual Meeting". New York State Bar Association. January 28, 2015.
- Waters, Alex (March 7, 2014). "How Many Eyes Are on the Books?". The Hub. Archived from the original on June 21, 2014. Retrieved June 25, 2014.
- Bedigian, Louis (March 25, 2015). "Coin.co CEO: Bitcoin's Impact On Society Will Rival The Internet". Benzinga.
This article "Alex Waters" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Alex Waters. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.