This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (July 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded 📆||2017 in Seattle, Washington, United States|
|Founder 👔||Joe Roets|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
|Type||governance, blockchain, cryptocurrency|
Search Dragonchain on Amazon.
Dragonchain is a hybrid blockchain platform for enterprises and developers. It was originally developed at The Walt Disney Company in Seattle in 2014 and then open-sourced in 2016. There is no current relationship between Disney and Dragonchain.[not in citation given] The open source code is maintained by the Dragonchain Foundation. The commercial blockchain platform is maintained by the commercial entity named The Dragon Company. Dragonchain is a public/private hybrid blockchain platform that allows integration with other blockchain protocols, legacy systems, oracles, and API's. Developers can use existing smart contracts from the library or write their own smart contracts to build (decentralized) blockchain applications in known languages. In 2020, Medek Health launched Covid SafePass with the City of Apopka, using Dragonchain blockchain solutions in line with the FDA guidance on Digital Health Policies and Public Health Solutions for COVID-19.[unreliable source?]
Dragonchain offers private and public hybrid blockchain architecture,[non-primary source needed] which allows to keep sensitive business logic private, while also having control over what data can immutably be recorded on public blockchains.
Dragon Net is Dragonchain's scalable and hybrid approach to achieve consensus. It is using independent verification nodes provided by the Dragonchain community and external partners. Verification nodes serve the purpose of verifying blocks from business nodes that contains the hashes of the businesses private transactions, thus not exposing sensitive business logic. Unlike other blockchain platforms, there is no mainnet. Each application or node is its own blockchain. Consensus is achieved through automated verification from a wide range of entities through Dragonchain's so called 5 Level Spectrum of Trust.[non-primary source needed] Every Dragonchain that is spun up by a user is at each level is its own non-homogenous or heterogeneous blockchain. This means that all the blockchains and nodes do not all contain exactly the same information.
In October 2016 the platform was released as open-source software under the Apache 2.0 license and was mentioned as one of Disney's best open source releases. In 2017 Dragonchain conducted a token sale. On February 23, 2018 the Nasdaq listed enterprise Fluent, formerly known as Cogint, acquired a minority interest in Dragonchain.[non-primary source needed]
In March 2019 Dragonchain won Eastside Small Business of The Year award. The award was brought to life to recognize superior performance of small businesses located in the Eastside in the US with 100 employees or less.
In September 2019, Dragonchain won Gold award for blockchain technology at Tech Impact Awards.
July 4th 2020, Discovery Science Channel premiered the first episode of Open Source Money, about the CEO of DragonChain.
Dragonchain partnered with a humanitarian group named M2030, to help fight malaria with blockchain.
In 2020, Medek Health launched Covid SafePass with the City of Apopka, using Dragonchain blockchain solutions in line with the FDA guidance on Digital Health Policies and Public Health Solutions for COVID-19.[unreliable source?]
- Peterson, Becky (October 1, 2017). "Disney built a blockchain, and now its creators are trying to turn it into a commercial platform to compete with Ethereum". businessinsider.com. Business Insider. Retrieved November 5, 2020.
- Evans, Brian (October 4, 2017). "Disney-Incubated Dragonchain Is Creating a Magical Blockchain Platform and Ecosystem". inc.com. INC. Retrieved November 5, 2020.
- Medek Health, City of Apopka Launching Covid SafePass
- Here's how this app lets customers know your workforce is healthy
- Dragonchain Architecture documentation
- Dragonchain Architecture
- Disneys best releases may be its open source tools
- Disney spinout Dragonchain pursues initial coin offering to build out new blockchain technology
- Disney's Dragonchain announces ICO
- Cogint, Inc. Announces Corporate Name Change to Fluent, Inc.The company rebrands following its successful emergence as a standalone company
- cogint Subsidiary Acquires Minority Interest in Dragonchain
- Wyble, Steven (April 11, 2019). "OfferUP, Dragonchain Among 2019 Eastside Business Award Winners". 425business.com. Retrieved November 5, 2020.
- "Tech Impact Awards". seattlebusinessmag.com. Retrieved November 5, 2020.
- DOTSON, KYT. "Blockchain-based influencer marketing platform Raiinmaker rolls out beta". siliconangle.com. Retrieved November 5, 2020.
- Dragonchain and M2030 partner to eradicate malaria with the blockchain
This article "Dragonchain" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Dragonchain. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.