126.96.36.199 / December 1, 2016
|Available in||43 languages|
FlashGot is an add-on for Firefox allowing interoperability between the Firefox browser and external download managers. It is not itself a download manager but is designed to allow the Firefox interface to be extended to connect to the selected external download manager. This avoids launching the download manager as an independent application and cutting and pasting the across the links of the files that need to be downloaded.[clarification needed] Forked browsers like Palemoon and Waterfox are also supported.
Software[edit | edit source]
A download manager is an app specialized in downloading files from the Internet faster and in a more organized manner. However, not all these apps integrate with Mozilla Firefox. FlashGot resolves this situation by integrating them into Firefox. As of December 2011[update], FlashGot recognizes and supports 51 different external download managers. When a user chooses to download one or more files, FlashGot offers to send them to the detected download manager. Additionally, FlashGot can detect video embedded in web pages and send their download links to download managers. It supports downloading from the popular YouTube service. It also contain powerful extended media download functions.
Mozilla broke compatibility with Flashgot (and many other add-ons) in version 56, so it works only on older Mozilla versions.
Version 188.8.131.52 included an experimental "Search Refinements for downloadable files and media" feature based on Surf Canyon technology. This functionality, which submitted search keywords to Surf Canyon for processing, was easy to opt out of with one click but enabled by default, prompting criticism equating the feature to adware and spyware, even though no user data was reused, shared or stored. The feature was disabled in version 184.108.40.206 and removed in version 220.127.116.11.
The last version of FlashGot was released in December 2016 and is not compatible with Firefox 57 or later versions. FlashGot is free software, as it is released under the GPLv2 open source license.
Reception[edit | edit source]
In March 2006, PC World included FlashGot in its list of "101 Fabulous Freebies" and regards it as "indispensable". It was ranked as 16th most popular Firefox plugin in Computer Bild. FlashGot was reviewed by download.com, TechAdvisor Softpedia, TomsGuide.com and Softonic.
See also[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topic Free software : DHTMLX, Comparison of X Window System desktop environments, PeerCast, Zclassic, xmonad, GNU Interpreter for Java, JQuarks
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- NoScript – from the same author
References[edit | edit source]
- "FlashGot Mass Downloader". addons.mozilla.org. Archived from the original on 2016-12-12. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- "Download Manager". FlashGot home page. InformAction. Archived from the original on 2011-12-16. Retrieved 21 December 2011.
- PC Magazine: The Independent Guide to IBM-standard Personal Computing. PC Communications Corporation. 2006. p. 117. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
FLASHGOT powers up download managers so that they work with Firefox, even if they were originally designed for Internet Explorer. Consequently, you'll need to have a download manager (such as GetRight or FlashGet) in place; by itself, ...
- "FlashGot's Search Refinements Feature". Archived from the original on 2011-07-23. Retrieved 2010-02-28.
- Evron, Gadi (17 February 2010). "Mozilla's Add-On Policies And Spyware Surprises". Dark Reading. Archived from the original on 2011-03-08. Retrieved 2010-02-23.
- "FlashGot CHANGELOG". Archived from the original on 2010-02-17. Retrieved 2010-02-23.
- Tweney, Dylan (28 March 2006). "101 Fabulous Freebies". PC World. Archived from the original on 2011-12-22. Retrieved 21 December 2011.
- "FlashGot für Firefox 18.104.22.168 – Download – COMPUTER BILD". Computer Bild. Archived from the original on 2018-09-17. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- "FlashGot". download.com. Archived from the original on 2018-03-02. Retrieved 2018-09-30.
- Williams, Mike. "FlashGot 22.214.171.124 – Internet Tools – Downloads". TechAdvisor.
- "Download FlashGot 126.96.36.199". Softpedia. Archived from the original on 2018-03-01. Retrieved 2018-09-30.
- "Download FlashGot 188.8.131.52 (Free) for Windows". tomsguide.com. Archived from the original on 2017-05-17. Retrieved 2018-09-30.
- "FlashGot". Softonic. Archived from the original on 2016-10-15. Retrieved 2018-09-30.
[edit | edit source]
- Lua error in Module:Official_website at line 90: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
This article "FlashGot" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:FlashGot. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.