Free Download Manager
Free Download Manager 5.1 in Windows 10
220.127.116.1173 / May 21, 2021
|Operating system||Windows, macOS, Linux (.deb) and Android|
|Platform||Hardware: IA-32 and x64|
Software: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Netscape, Apple Safari, SeaMonkey
|Size||Varies with the devices|
|Available in||30 languages|
|Type||Download manager, BitTorrent client & Productivity software|
|License||Freeware, Open-source software distributed under GNU General Public License|
Search Free Download Manager on Amazon.
FDM was initially proprietary software, but was free and open-source software between versions 2.5 and 3.9.7. Starting with version 3.0.852 (15 April 2010), the source code was made available in the project's Subversion repository instead of being included with the binary package. This continued until versions 3.9.7. The source code for version 5.0 and newer is not available and the GNU General Public License agreement has been removed from the app.
- The GUI presents several tabs that organize types of downloads and allow access to different features in the program.
- Download information view that shows each download's progress bar, file preview, community opinions if any are written for that download and a log showing connection status.
- Download acceleration
- Dropbox for file drag-and-drop
- HTTP and FTP download support
- Enhanced audio/video files support
- RTSP/MMS download support
- Batch downloading support for downloading a set of files
- Segmented file transfer: Splits large file into parts (specified in the settings of the software) and downloads simultaneously
- BitTorrent support (based on Libtorrent), Magnet URI scheme support
- Flash video download from sites like YouTube and Google Video (exclude Android)
- Resuming broken downloads, if permitted by server
- Zip files partial download, lets users to download only the necessary part of a zip file.
- Simultaneous downloading from several mirrors
- Support bandwidth throttling via three fully customizable traffic modes: light, medium and heavy.
- Import list of URLs from clipboard
- Integrates with the browser being used to track URL or Copy functions if downloadable content is found
- Remote control via Internet
- Smart file management and powerful scheduler
- Portable mode, users can easily create its portable version and avoid the need to install and configure the program on each computer.
- Active Spyware and Adware protection using active communication among users and also through installed Antivirus software on the computer.
- Downloads – This is the focal point of the program, which is simply a download manager. Users can also create groups with folders to which files with specific extensions will be downloaded.
- Flash video downloads – This feature helps users to download FLV video files from YouTube, Google Video and many other site.
- Torrents – Allows to download the torrent files
- Scheduler – Users can create and manage lists of tasks to be executed at a preset time. Tasks include launching external programs, starting and stopping downloads, and shutting down the computer in all possible ways.
- Site Explorer – This feature is an FTP client.
- Site Manager – This feature allows users to tell FDM how to act with specific sites, such as websites that require authentication, or how many download connections a website can accept simultaneously from the user.
- HTML Spider – This feature can download a website by following and downloading links recursively.
- BitTorrent client
- Comparison of file sharing applications
- Comparison of download managers
- Comparison of YouTube downloaders
- "Free Download Manager 6 Forums". FreeDownloadManager.org. Retrieved 24 February 2021.
- "Free Download Manager Downloads". Free Download Manager Downloads. Retrieved 28 May 2021.
- "Multi Language Support". Free Download Manager Features.
- "Free Download Manager - download everything from the internet". www.freedownloadmanager.org. Retrieved 2021-05-28.
- "Free Download Manager - Download torrents, videos". Google Play Store.
- "FDM 2.5 is released!". Free Download Manager blog. 15 April 2007. Archived from the original on 31 August 2007. Unknown parameter
- "Free Download Manager". SCM Repositories. SourceForge. Retrieved 22 September 2018.
- "Free Download Manager | Features". www.freedownloadmanager.org. Retrieved 2021-05-27.
- "Blog Archive » Current stable version: FDM ver. 3.9.2 build 1303". Free Download Manager. 2012-12-27. Retrieved 2013-06-14.
- "Free Download Manager - Download torrents, videos - Apps on Google Play". Google Play. Retrieved 2021-05-28. Unknown parameter
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to [[commons:Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 466: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 466: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).]].|
- Lua error in Module:Official_website at line 90: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- Free Download Manager on SourceForge.net
- Free Download Manager Review
This article "Free Download Manager" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Free Download Manager. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.