|Type of business||Corporation|
Type of site
|Travel search engine/fare, availability and rate aggregator|
|Available in||English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Turkish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Russian, Dutch, Czech, Finnish, Polish, Hungarian, Ukrainian, and Chinese|
|Products||Metasearch for Train, Bus, Flight and Auto|
GoEuro.com is a travel metasearch engine which allows users to compare the price and journey time of air, rail and bus travel options in a single search. It is operated by the GoEuro Corporation of New York City, USA
Company background[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
GoEuro was conceived after a European trip where the founder found it difficult to book in multiple websites trains and buses. Founded in 2013, by Harvard University graduate, Naren Shaam, the objective was to be able to search trains, buses, flights and auto in one search.
By Summer 2013 a beta version went live in Germany, by January 2014 they had expanded to the United Kingdom and Spain. In mid January the company announced a multi-million round of funding by Lakestar.
On December 9, 2015, GoEuro announced its $45m in Series B funding led by Goldman Sachs. This funding will be used to expand its presence in Europe beyond its 11 European countries, to improve the product and further grow the team.
Founder[edit | edit source]
Naren Shaam, born in India and educated in the US, worked as a Global Product Manager managing multimillion-dollar business projects in auto industry before getting his Business degree at Harvard. After his Harvard education, he worked in financial services in NY.
In April 2012, he moved to Berlin to found GoEuro.
References[edit | edit source]
- Oneill, Shean (January 23, 2014). "GoEuro gets funded: G travel". Tnooz. Retrieved January 31, 2014.
- Dell, Andrew (March 4, 2013). "GoEuro Funded: Tech Crunch". Tech Crunch. Retrieved July 12, 2013.
- Kueper, Michelle (January 23, 2014). "Coorporate Profile: Profile of Naren". Venture Village. Retrieved February 12, 2014.
- Schaal, Dennis; 08, Skift-Dec; Pm, 2015 10:00. "GoEuro Gets $45 Million in Funding Round Led by Goldman Sachs". Skift. Retrieved 2015-12-09.
- Welch, Liz (November 1, 2013). "Naren Shaam: Profile of Naren". StartupBootcamp. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Goeuro" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Goeuro. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.