Ibrahim Adetola-Kazeem (born 3 May 1977) is a Nigerian politician, entrepreneur, activist and Sociologist. He was with the opposition's All Progressive Congress (APC) until 2014 when he and some other politicians revived the Unity Party of Nigeria. He was born in Lagos to Chief Gani Adetola-Kaseem, SAN. He is from Odo-Ogbolu of Yoruba descent. Ibrahim is the founder of Nimah Entrepreneurship Advocacy Initiative [N.E.A.I]. He had held many positions in Muslim Students Society of Nigeria and National Youth Council of Nigeria at various times.
Background and education
Ibrahim Adetola-Kazeem comes from an activist and legal family in Nigeria. His father, Chief Adetola-Kaseem, Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) is a member of the Nigerian Bar Association, and Chairman of its Medical Committee as well as the membership office of the Healthcare and life Sciences Committee of the International Bar Association, as well as a member of the Commonwealth Lawyers Association. Professionally, he is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb) and also a Member of the Nigerian Institute of Management (MNIM). His brother, Mr. Ahmad Adetola-Kazeem, is the Director, Prisoners’ Rights Advocacy Initiative (PRAI) and a member of Board of Trustees of the Lagos Public Interest Law Partnership. Ibrahim Adetola-Kazeem started his primary school education at an early age and got his first school leaving certificate in 1988. He sat and passed his West African school certificate examination in 1995. He proceeded to Ogun State University (now Olabisi Onabanjo University) where he secured his B.Sc. Sociology in 2004. He completed his PGD Industrial and Labour Relations in 2010. He is currently an Associate member Nigeria Institute of Training and development.
Political and activism career
Adetola-Kazeem is the founder of Nimah Entrepreneurship Advocacy Initiative [N.E.A.I]; an advocacy group on the need to be job creators rather than job seekers and serves as a platform to empower willing youth to set-up their own businesses. He had held many positions in Muslim Students Society of Nigeria and National Youth Council of Nigeria at various times. As a member of National Youth Council of Nigeria (Agboyi-Ketu Local Chapter), he held the position of Financial Secretary between 2008 and 2011. In 2012, he was elected as the Chairman of the organization. Ibrahim's activities as a member of Muslim Students Society of Nigeria and National Youth Council of Nigeria include mentoring students. His activities also include the organization of extramural classes for students across kosofe to reduce the spate of failures in schools particularly in West African school certificate examination.
Adetola-Kazeem was appointed as the Assistant Publicity Secretary of the defunct Congress for Progressive Change in 2014. He was a member of the party until it merged with the Action Congress of Nigeria, All Nigeria Peoples Party and All Progressives Grand Alliance to form the All Progressive Congress, the Nigeria major opposition. He is one of the founding members of the United Party of Nigeria formed in 2014. He emerged as the Lagos State House of Assembly Candidate for United Party of Nigeria in Kosofe Constituency II in the February 2015 general elections in Nigeria.
- Organised health/environmental sensitization exercises across communities in Agboyi-Ketu.
- Partnered with world health committee representative to mobilize members of the community to patronize the health centres in the community.
- Held empowerment programmes on ICT, how to turn waste to wealth, network marketing and more at various times.
- Spearheaded social courses through a planned protest to the governor, house of assembly and the LCDA chairman; a case in question is the prevention of the planned demolition of the only mosque and takeover the Ifelodun plank market which was gutted by fire.
- Assisted youths who have difficulties in paying their school fees, through our welfare schemes.
- Best Marketer in his unit at executive at African Alliance Insurance Plc (Takaful)back to back 2010/2011.
- Merit award in recognition to the course of Allah by Adijatu Moborode Mosque, Pedro, Bariga 14 Dec. 2014.
- Role model award by Agboyi Students Union [A.S.U] in recognition of his invaluable contributions towards the upliftment and development of education in Agboyi land and lagos state at large 3rd Jan. 2015.
Ibrahim Adetola-Kazeem is married with children.
- "SAN - Supreme Court of Nigeria". supremecourt.gov.ng. Retrieved 2017-10-20.
- "Mr Ahmad Adetola-Kazeem Archives - The Nation Nigeria". The Nation Nigeria. Retrieved 2017-10-20.
- "Community Leaders call for Debate for Aspirants | Lagos Breeze || Liberty Through Information". www.lagosbreeze.com. Archived from the original on 2016-11-05. Unknown parameter
Other articles of the topics Nigeria AND Biography : Ibrahim Muhammad Kankarofi, Ekong Jimmy Effiong, Razaq Juwon Lawal, Ruger (singer), Rizi Timane
Other articles of the topic Nigeria : Greg Mbajiorgu, Razaq Juwon Lawal, Ruger (singer), Makurdi kidnapping, Kennedy Ekezie-Joseph, Cross River Hub, St. Andrew's Secondary School, Adikpo
Other articles of the topic Biography : Eralda Hitaj, Dustin R. Donica, Tuhin Sinha, Ger Ger, List of funerals, Ahmed Al-Rimawi, Akanksha Pare Kashiv
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
This article "Ibrahim Adetola-Kazeem" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ibrahim Adetola-Kazeem. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.