Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Initial release||11 February 2017|
|Operating system||Clients available for Linux, Windows, macOS|
Search Musicoin on Amazon.
Musicoin is an open-source, public, blockchain-based distributed computing platform featuring smart contract (scripting) functionality. It is a fork of Ethereum and as such provides its own blockchain running Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM). The EVM backbone is used to transfer revenue for playing songs from listeners to artists on pay-per-play basis. Musicoin is part of Enterprise Ethereum Alliance.
Musicoin aims at simplifying the process of revenue generation and distribution. Content creators can devise system of revenue distribution among themselves and all parties involved in the process of content creation. Smart contracts then distribute the revenue as specified by this system. This allows for cryptographically safe, secure, and automated payouts, offering an alternative to current revenue generation and distribution methods, most notably online advertisements.
On 17 December 2017 it was announced that there are currently 1500 independent registered artists.
While Musicoin is currently mainly adopted by indie artists, the smart contracts can in principle be set up in a way that also includes currently existing structures in the payout system, allowing for integration of existing revenue distribution networks as part of the distribution schema for associated artists.
One of the notable pioneering artists is Deadly Buda with his DJ Mix "Rock the Blockchain".
- "Musicoin Go GitHub repository".
- Musicoin introduction, Musicoin, 17 December 2017
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Announces 86 New Members, Musicoin, 17 December 2017
- Musicoin, Musicoin, 17 December 2017
- Over 1,500 Verified Independent Musicians, Bands and Labels Now Use Musicoin, medium.com, 17 December 2017
- Kastelein, Richard (2017-08-24). "The World's First DJ Mix That Pays Artists in Seconds Using Blockchain Technology". Blockchain News. Retrieved 2017-09-03.
- Musicoin explorer (Orbiter), Musicoin, 17 December 2017
This article "Musicoin" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Musicoin. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.