Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Primetime (Jay-Z and Kanye West song)
|Song by Jay-Z and Kanye West|
|from the album Watch the Throne|
|Released||8 August 2011|
"Primetime" is a song by American hip hop recording artists Kanye West and Jay Z.
It was revealed by No I.D. that the beat was originally scheduled to be for a track on Common's album The Dreamer/The Believer, until the rapper passed and he gave it to Nas. He was going to take it until I.D. played the beat in a studio session with Kanye and Jay - in this session, the decision was made final about it being for a track from their album.
Two different sections of "Action" by Orange Krush are sampled within "Primetime".
Rolling Stone described the song as being: 'about as subdued as you can get with a big boom-bap beat' and praised West's verse, when writing that it consists of: 'some particularly conflicted lyrics from Kanye about materialism'. This praise was joined in with by The Guardian, since the site pointed to West's verse on "Primetime" when writing about the rapper's contributions in a review of the featuring album.
- "No I.D. Tells All: The Stories Behind His Classic Records". Complex. Retrieved August 10, 2018.
- "The 12 Best Beats Other Producers Made for Kanye West". Complex. Retrieved September 30, 2018.
- "Jay-Z and Kanye West's 'Watch The Throne' Deluxe Tracklisting Revealed". Billboard. Retrieved August 10, 2018.
- "Kanye West and Jay-Z's 'Watch the Throne': A Track-by-Track Breakdown". Rolling Stone. Retrieved August 10, 2018.
- "Jay-Z & Kanye West: Watch the Throne - review". The Guardian. Retrieved August 10, 2018.
- Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
This article "Primetime (Jay-Z and Kanye West song)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Primetime (Jay-Z and Kanye West song). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.