Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Siiiiiiiiilver Surffffeeeeer Intermission
|"Siiiiiiiiilver Surffffeeeeer Intermission"|
|Song by Kanye West|
|from the album The Life of Pablo|
|Released||February 14, 2016|
"Siiiiiiiiilver Surffffeeeeer Intermission" (originally titled "Silver Surfer Intermission") is a song by American rap artist Kanye West, from his seventh studio album The Life of Pablo (2016). West has no actual vocals on the track at all, with all of them being contributed by Max B and French Montana.
The track marked Max B's first phoned-in appearance from prison as part of an album or mixtape since 2012. When Kanye originally planned to title the album "Waves", fellow rapper Wiz Khalifa accused him of ripping off Max, which led to beef between the two of them on Twitter. After this beef had been settled, Max B then chipped in by showing his approval of West's album title. However, in the end, the album's title was changed to The Life of Pablo but it included a song titled "Waves". The purpose of "Siiiiiiiiilver Surffffeeeeer Intermission" being part of the album is for West to get in the last word of his feud with Khalifa.
Upon the release of West's seventh studio album, every song debuted on at least one US Billboard chart besides the track. Shortly after its release, featured rap artist French Montana revealed that West didn't really know who Max B was at first and he's also trying to help Max with his legal situation. Max B hosted a mixtape in the same month put out by French, that featured Kanye on the song "Figure It Out" alongside rap star Nas.
The entirety of the song is a recorded phone call between French and Max, which has no backing beat but was still produced by West - this is not the only time that there's no backing beat for a track on the featuring album, since "I Love Kanye" has no instrumental either. The track was originally titled "Silver Surfer Intermission", but by the time all of the updates had been made to The Life of Pablo in June 2016, it was re-titled "Siiiiiiiiilver Surffffeeeeer Intermission", despite no updates to the musical content of the song.
Highsnobiety gave a negative reception towards the track, describing it as: 'an entirely superfluous addition' and putting across the opinion that: 'it should have been cut'. NME also felt negatively towards it, referring to the song as a 'tedious skit'.
- "French Montana Says Kanye West Didn't Really Know Who Max B Was". Complex. Retrieved July 2, 2018.
- "Isaiah Toothtaker and Max B Show Off Toothy Wavy Videos". Phoenix New Times. Retrieved July 2, 2018.
- "Kanye West Blasts Wiz Khalifa Over 'Waves' Comments". Rolling Stone. Retrieved July 2, 2018.
- "Wiz Khalifa Says He Accepts Kanye West's Apology; Max B Responds to Album Name 'Waves'". Billboard. Retrieved July 2, 2018.
- "Kanye West reveals fourth title for his new album: The Life of Pablo". The Guardian. Retrieved July 2, 2018.
- "What Is "Silver Surfer Intermission" About? It All Goes Back To That Wiz Khalifa Feud". Bustle. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- "Chart Search". Billboard. Retrieved July 2, 2018.
- "French Montana Talks About Kanye West Not Knowing Who Max B Was and the Wiz Khalifa 'WAVES' Incident". Complex. Retrieved July 2, 2018.
- "Kanye West features on Max B-hosted mixtape by French Montana". NME. Retrieved July 2, 2018.
- "Kanye West Shares The Life Of Pablo Credits". Stereogum. Retrieved July 2, 2018.
- "Here Are All the Changes Kanye West Made to Kanye West's "The Life of Pablo" So Far". Complex. Retrieved July 21, 2018.
- "Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo': Every Song Ranked Worst to Best". Highsnobiety. Retrieved July 2, 2018.
- "Kanye West – 'The Life Of Pablo' Review". NME. Retrieved July 2, 2018.
- Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
This article "Siiiiiiiiilver Surffffeeeeer Intermission" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Siiiiiiiiilver Surffffeeeeer Intermission. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.