Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Song by Kanye West|
|from the album Freshmen Adjustment|
|Released||March 21, 2005|
Throughout the track, multiple elements of 1977 Belle Epoque song "Me and You" are sampled.
The song also samples vocals from Ol' Dirty Bastard's 1995 track "Shimmy Shimmy Ya".
The lyrics: "I'm finna get on this TV and put s**t down/I ain't finna let these light skinned ni**as come back in style" from "Gossip Files" were reused as: "I'mma get on this TV, mama/I'mma, I'mma put s**t down" in West's 2004 song "School Spirit". As well as this, the lyrics "‘Cause we the leaders, and they the followers/And we the nut busters, and they the swallowers" were reused in his 2013 song "New Slaves" as: "You see it's leaders and it's followers/But I'd rather be a d**k than a swallower".
- "Digging deep: Kanye's sharp edge". Dummy Mag. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- "Freshmen Adjustment - Kanye West". AllMusic. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- "Kanye West's 'Gossip Files' sample of Belle Epoque's 'Me and You'". WhoSampled. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- "Kanye West's 'Gossip Files' sample of Ol' Dirty Bastard's 'Shimmy Shimmy Ya'". WhoSampled. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- "Kanye West - Gossip Files Lyrics". Genius Lyrics. Retrieved September 3, 2018.
- "Kanye West Recycles Lyrics From Old Material". Noisey. Retrieved September 3, 2018.
- Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
This article "Gossip Files" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Gossip Files. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.