Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Song by Kanye West|
|from the album Freshmen Adjustment|
|Released||March 21, 2005|
Composition[edit | edit source]
Reused lyrics[edit | edit source]
The lyrics: "I'm finna get on this TV and put s**t down/I ain't finna let these light skinned ni**as come back in style" from "Gossip Files" were reused as: "I'mma get on this TV, mama/I'mma, I'mma put s**t down" in West's 2004 song "School Spirit". As well as this, the lyrics "‘Cause we the leaders, and they the followers/And we the nut busters, and they the swallowers" were reused in his 2013 song "New Slaves" as: "You see it's leaders and it's followers/But I'd rather be a d**k than a swallower".
References[edit | edit source]
- "Digging deep: Kanye's sharp edge". Dummy Mag. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- "Freshmen Adjustment - Kanye West". AllMusic. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- "Kanye West's 'Gossip Files' sample of Belle Epoque's 'Me and You'". WhoSampled. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- "Kanye West's 'Gossip Files' sample of Ol' Dirty Bastard's 'Shimmy Shimmy Ya'". WhoSampled. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- "Kanye West - Gossip Files Lyrics". Genius Lyrics. Retrieved September 3, 2018.
- "Kanye West Recycles Lyrics From Old Material". Noisey. Retrieved September 3, 2018.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Gossip Files" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Gossip Files. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.