Loyola High School (Kolkata)
|Loyola High School|
|File:Loyola High School.png|
Entrance on the occasion of Annual Feast Day
54/3, Diamond Harbour Road
|Coordinates||22°31′49.″N 88°19′35″E / 22.53028°N 88.32639°ECoordinates: 22°31′49.″N 88°19′35″E / 22.53028°N 88.32639°E|
Fatal error: The format of the coordinate could not be determined. Parsing failed.
|Other name||St. Ignatius' of Loyola High School|
|Former name||St. Paul's Secondary School|
|Type||Private primary and secondary school|
|Motto||Latin: Dominus Illuminatio Mea|
(The lord is my Light)
|Patron saint(s)||Ignatius of Loyola|
|Session||April to March|
|Principal||Mr. Joseph Clive (interim)|
|Medium of language||English|
|Song||"Glory to God, Loyola's one ambition"|
St. Ignatius' of Loyola High School, commonly called Loyola High School and was earlier known as St. Paul's Secondary School, is a private Catholic primary and secondary school for boys located in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. The school was founded in 1961 by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Calcutta under the right and to religious and linguistic minorities by the India (Art. 29 and 30) and is now run by the Jesuits, and administered by Catholic Archdiocese of Kolkata.
The school is recognized by the Education Department of the Government of West Bengal and under the Anglo India Board of West Bengal and affiliated to the Indian School Certificate of Secondary Education Examination, Delhi (ICSE) and Indian School Certificate Examinations Delhi (ISC).
Loyola High School was started in 1961 by Msgr. John D'Souza, then Parish Priest, who in 1960 by a deed of agreement between the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Calcutta and the Daughters of the Cross established St. Paul's Secondary School for the secondary students from classes V to X only. Children completing Primary School from St. Paul's Boarding and Day School were absorbed into Class V in this institution. Days rolled by and Loyola High School started its own Primary section.
Thus, the name “St. Paul's Secondary School“ no longer appeared to be appropriate. It was decided that the school having been found by St. Ignatius Parish for the children of the Parish, should be named after the Patron Saint, St. Ignatius of Loyola.
Loyola High School came into being on Easter Sunday - 22 April 1984. In 2004, in order to accommodate the ISC stream, the primary section of the school has been shifted to the new building at 51, Ekbalpore Road, Kolkata - 700023.
Loyola High School has two buildings:
- Loyola High School (Primary) (Map) : For Nursery to Class 5
- Loyola High School (Secondary) (Map) : For Class 6 to Class 12.
- List of Jesuit schools
- List of schools in West Bengal
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Loyola High School Ekbalpore Kidderpore Kolkata". www.arked.co.in. Retrieved 2020-04-19.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Calcutta Archdiocese : SCHOOLS".
- ↑ "Loyola High School - WB050". CISCE. 2020. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- ↑ "Silent march, message loud & clear". The Telegraph (Kolkata). 2019-12-26. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- ↑ "Fr Rodney may perform De's last rites but cops wait for kin to respond". The Times of India. 2017-02-23. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- ↑ "Rodney Borneo - Principal - Loyola High School, Kolkata".
- ↑ "Loyola High School Vs Alipore Takshal Vidyapith".
- ↑ "Loyola High School Vs Khalsa Model Secondary School".
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 "Loyola High School". loyolahighschool.co.in. Retrieved 2020-03-22.
- ↑ "Loyola High School, Kolkata, Kolkata: Admission, Fee, Facilities, Affiliation". school.careers360.com. Retrieved 2020-03-23.
- ↑ "Loyola High School on Justdial". Justdial.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 "Loyola High school". Google My Maps. Retrieved 2020-03-23.
This article "Loyola High School (Kolkata)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Loyola High School (Kolkata). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.