RE Engine is a proprietary game engine developed by Capcom and used for "all next-generation Capcom games" The first game to utilize RE Engine is Resident Evil 7: Biohazard in 2017. RE Engine is the successor of MT Framework which was first used in 2006.
History[edit | edit source]
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2019)
Capcom used the MT Framework engine to produce multiple big budget games. While developing Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, the game platform was upgraded to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and the PS VR was also considered. The MT Framework was not satisfactory. In order to produce more photo-realistic graphics, the development team began to create a new game engine called RE engine.
Games[edit | edit source]
These games are powered by RE Engine.
|2017||Resident Evil 7: Biohazard||Survival horror, FPS||PlayStation 4, PlayStation VR, Xbox One, Windows|||
|2019||Resident Evil 2||Survival horror, TPS||PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows|||
|Devil May Cry 5||Hack and slash||PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows|||
|TBA||Resident Evil 8||Survival horror||TBA|||
References[edit | edit source]
- Resident Evil 7 — Capcom Explains Why They Built A Brand New Engine Instead of Using MT Framework
- "Famitsu Interview Reveals Resident Evil 7 is About 65 Percent Complete!". June 16, 2016. Retrieved January 11, 2019.
- "Devil May Cry 5 is 15 to 16 hours, uses upgraded RE Engine". Shacknews. January 9, 2019. Retrieved January 11, 2019.
- Alex Osborn (2018-06-11). "E3 2018: Resident Evil 2 Remake Release Date Announced". IGN. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- "The Resident Evil 2 remake looks spectacular in the new Resi 7 engine (and horrible. Really, really horrible)". GamesRadar+. June 14, 2018. Retrieved January 11, 2019.
- "CAPCOM: Devil May Cry 5 Official Site". www.devilmaycry5.com. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- Resident Evil 8 Plans are ‘Already in Motion’
Others articles of the Topics 2010s AND Computer graphics : Foundation Engine
Others articles of the Topics Computer graphics AND Information technology : Foundation Engine
Others articles of the Topics 2010s AND Information technology : Foundation Engine
Others articles of the Topic 2010s : Doctor Who Prom (2013), Candy Crush Saga, Laila Majnu (2018 film), Legends of Callasia, AdvertCity, Dark Night (2018 film), Mark of Death
Others articles of the Topic Computer graphics : Foundation Engine
Others articles of the Topic Information technology : Blockchain, Digital currency, Central processing unit, Hospital information system, RationalWiki, Streaming media, eMix
|This Capcom-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "RE Engine" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:RE Engine. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.