|Founder 👔||Dan Morehead|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
Pantera Capital is a venture capital firm focused exclusively on ventures, tokens, and projects related to blockchain technology, digital currency, and crypto assets. The firm was founded in 2013 by Dan Morehead (ex Tiger Management). Pantera Capital is headquartered in Menlo Park, California. They are one of the earliest cryptocurrency investment firms.
Pantera Bitcoin Fund was the first cryptocurrency fund launched in the United States in July 2013. Prior filings with the SEC show that the firm raised at least $13 million for its Venture Fund II in 2016 and $25 million for its ICO Fund in 2017. The group's third venture fund, dubbed Pantera Venture Offshore Fund III LP, was registered on July 31, 2018. This fund attracted $164 million from 2018 to 2020.
The venture capital firm typically invests in companies with a valuation between $500 million and $1 billion. The firm usually takes part in funding rounds of $10 – 50 millions.
- Private equity
- Venture capital
- Staff, Motley Fool (2021-04-06). "Why Pantera Capital Made the Shift to Crypto Investing". The Motley Fool. Retrieved 2021-04-09.
- "Dan Morehead at Pantera Capital website". Retrieved March 28, 2021.
- Geron, Tomio (2018-11-12). "Crypto Investor Pantera Alters a Fund Amid Downturn". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2021-04-10.
- "Pantera Raises Additional $5M for Its Bitcoin Fund, Bringing Total to $134M". coindesk.com. November 22, 2020.
- "SEC filing Form D from 2016-10-24". Retrieved March 28, 2021.
- "SEC filing Form D from 2017-06-27". Retrieved March 28, 2021.
- Davis, Alexander (2017-07-20). "Crypto Startup Investor Pantera Capital Raises Hedge Fund". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2021-04-09.
- "Pantera Capital Has Raised $71 Million So Far for Third Crypto Fund". coindesk.com. August 16, 2018.
- "Crypto hedge fund Pantera Capital files for massive $134 million raise". November 21, 2020.
- "What Are NFTs and What Does DeFi Mean?". 2021-04-07. Unknown parameter
- Staff, Motley Fool (2021-04-06). "Talking Crypto With Dan Morehead, CEO of Pantera Capital". The Motley Fool. Retrieved 2021-04-09.
- "About Pantera Capital". Retrieved March 28, 2021.
- "Cryptocurrency hedge funds see returns plunge in volatile times".
- "Pantera Capital at Unicorn Nest". Retrieved March 28, 2021.
This article "Pantera Capital" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Pantera Capital. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.