|Headquarters 🏙️||San Francisco, California, United States|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
Pantera was founded by CEO Dan Morehead, a former chief financial officer and head of macro trading at hedge fund Tiger Management. Pantera announced in March 2014 that it had shifted its focus to bitcoin and other digital currencies, having previously been primarily working with global macro hedge-fund investments.
Pantera’s portfolio investments include bitcoin services provider BitPesa, exchange platform Bitstamp, BitPagos Inc., 21 Inc., Ripio Credit Network, ChangeTip, Circle and Xapo.
In 2014, Pantera announced a partnership with Fortress Investment Group, Benchmark and Ribbit Capital to create a shared bitcoin investment fund led by Pantera, Pantera Bitcoin Partners. Of the deal, CEO Morehead said, “We believe Bitcoin is at an inflection point, making it the right time for a transition to more institutional management." The partnership was said to indicate “a significant step in the push to move Bitcoin into the financial mainstream.” In October 2017, Pantera Capital along with Blockchain Capita and Polychain Capital contributed $50 million Kik Interactive Inc's presale. In the same month Pantera raised $5 million in video streaming token pre-sale.
- Baird, Cecile (30 December 2014). "Investing in the Bitcoin Space: Moe Levin Interviews Pantera Capital". CoinTelegraph. CoinTelegraph. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- Popper, Nathaniel (18 March 2014). "Fortress, Benchmark and Ribbit Buy Stake in Pantera Bitcoin". DealBook. The New York Times. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- Wong, Joon Ian (23 July 2014). "6 New Hedge Funds Seeking Bitcoin Returns". CoinDesk. CoinDesk. Retrieved 6 May 2015. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "CoinDesk" defined multiple times with different content
- "Interview: Dan Morehead of Pantera Capital Management". HedgeFund Intelligence. HedgeFund Intelligence. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- Vaishampayan, Saumya (8 April 2014). "Pantera Capital Management offers 'watered-down bitcoin' for institutional investors". The Tell Blog. MarketWatch. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- Vigna, Paul; Casey, Michael J. (9 February 2015). "BitBeat: Kenya's BitPesa Raises $1.1 Million, Expands Operations". MoneyBeat. The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- Dougherty, Carter (17 March 2014). "Fortress-Linked Pantera Said to Invest in Top Bitcoin Exchange". BloombergBusiness. Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- Wells, Georgia (17 June 2014). "BitPagos Raises $600,000 Seed Round to Boost Bitcoin Use in South America". The Wall Street Journal. The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- Ngo, Diana (11 March 2015). "Bitcoin Startup 21 Inc. Reveals Industry Record Funding of US$116 Million". CoinTelegraph. CoinTelegraph. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- Higgins, Stan (2 December 2014). "ChangeTip Raises $3.5 Million for Bitcoin Micropayments Service". ChangeTip. ChangeTip. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- Primack, Dan (27 April 2015). "Exclusive: Bitcoin company Circle raising new cash". Fortune. Fortune. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- Casey, Michael J. (18 March 2014). "Pantera, Fortress Set Bitcoin Fund". The Wall Street Journal. The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- Peters, Chris; Kurane, Supriya (19 March 2014). "Fortress Investment, Benchmark Capital, Ribbit invest in bitcoin fund". Reuters. Reuters. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- "Hedge Funds Flip ICOs, Leaving Other Investors Holding the Bag". Bloomberg.com. 2017-10-03. Retrieved 2017-10-10.
- "Pantera Leads $5 Million Investment in Video Streaming Token Pre-Sale - CoinDesk". CoinDesk. 2017-10-26. Retrieved 2017-11-15.
This article "Pantera Capital" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Pantera Capital. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.