Whisper is the name of several fictional characters in the various Transformers universes.
Transformers: Generation 1
Whisper in Marvel Comics
|Sub-group||Air Strike Patrol, Micromasters|
|Partner||Nightflight, Stormcloud, Tailwind|
|Motto||"Undetected in flight; undefeated in fight."|
|Alternate modes||F-19 Stealth fighter|
Whisper is a Micromaster and leaders of the Air Strike Patrol.
When Thunderwing abducts the Micromaster Battle Patrol to learn the secrets of making Micromasters for the Decepticons Emirate Xaaron sends Road Handler commanding the Race Car Patrol, the Rescue Patrol and the Off Road Patrol to destroy the Decepticon's lab. Unable to destroy his fellow Autobots Road Handler instead saves the Battle Patrol, but not before the Decepticon successfully create the Air Strike Patrol. (Transformers Marvel U.K. #232-233, "A Small War!")
The Air Strike Team made their first appearance in issue #56 of the U.S. comic. Working for Megatron (thought to be dead at this point) they made contact with Scorponok's group of Decepticons, placing themselves under his command. They then attacked an airbase, demanding a refueling plane and the fuel to go with it.
When Optimus Prime's Autobots showed up in response in issue #57, Scorponok intervened to protect his "troops". Their work complete, the Air Strike Patrol then left - leaving both Autobots and Decepticons exposed to Megatron's instrument of vengeance - the resurrected and reprogrammed Pretender Starscream.
They did not appear again in the U.S. storyline, but did get a one-off appearance in the U.K. version of the comic. In a possible future, told in flashback by Rodimus Prime, Scorponok lost a leadership contest with Megatron and Shockwave. Fleeing, Megatron sent the Air Strike Patrol to pursue him, but they wound up in battle with Hot Rod, who Scorponok had surrendered to, forcing the Autobot and his comrades to protect him. While the Air Strike Patrol attacked the Autobots, Scorponok escaped (Marvel U.K. #223).
The Air Strike Patrol appeared in the ''Transformers: Zone anime. They were depicted as Autobots who attempted to defend Zone base from an attack by the Decepticon Generals.
- Generation 1 Whisper (1989)
- Whisper came packaged with his Air Strike Patrol partners. He was later recolored into Groundshaker.
Timelines Whisper toy
|Partner||Sideswipe and Rampage|
|Motto||"War is a game, and I'm the top player!"|
|Alternate modes||Jet resembling an F-117 Nighthawk|
Whisper is the partner to Sideswipe. Although he is a redeco of a Mini-Con he is officially described as a Micromaster.
He had a biography printed in issue #25 of the Transformers Collectors Club magazine.
Whisper has the ability to create audio illusions.
In Shattered Glass by Fun Publications Whisper was among the heroic Decepticon troops who attacked the Ark launch site. Starscream, Divebomb and Whisper dropped Glass Gas bombs on the Ark launch platform to make it vulnerable to attack.
In Do Over the Predacons and Whisper were sent to rescue Megatron when he had been captured by the Autobot Targetmasters Ricochet, Scoop and Crosshairs. Whisper created the illusion of the sound of a squadron of Decepticon jets attacking to help the Predacons sneak into Deceptiocn stronghold. Whisper took on Scoop and his partner Holepunch. Unable to defeat Scoop with physical force Whisper initially frightened him by making him think the ghost of Boltax was haunting him. When Holepunch pointed out that it was merely one Micromaster fooling him Scoop went into a berserker rage. Whisper then directed Scoop's gunfire at support beams, which crashed the building on Scoop and Holepunch.
- Timelines Deluxe Sideswipe with Micromaster Whisper (2008)
- He is a redeco of Armada Windsheer. He was available only at Botcon 2008 where he was packaged with Blurr, Rampage and Sideswipe.
- "Transformers" #56 (September 1989)
- Jim Sorenson & Bill Forster (July 22, 2008). Transformers: The Ark II. IDW Publishing. p. 192. ISBN 978-1-60010-180-9. Search this book on
- "Spotlight: Hardhead" (July 16, 2008)
- Alvarez, J.E. (2001). The Unofficial Guide to Transformers 1980s Through 1990s Revised & Expanded 2nd Edition. Schiffer Publishing Ltd. p. 85. ISBN 0-7643-1364-9. Search this book on
- Pete Sinclair & Benson Yee (w), Don Figueroa (p), Don Figueroa (i), Espen Grundetjern (col), Jesse Wittenrich (let), Pete Sinclair & Brian Savage (ed). "Shattered Glass" Transformers Timelines v2, 3 (Botcon 2008), Fun Publications
- S. Trent Troop and Greg Sepelak (2009). Do Over. Illustrator Yuki Oshima. Fun Publications. Search this book on
- Bellemo, Mark (2007). Transformers: Identification and Price Guide. Krause Publications. p. 219. ISBN 978-0-89689-445-7. Search this book on
This article "Whisper (Transformers)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Whisper (Transformers). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.