|Original author(s)||Bitcoin Private Community
Christopher SulmoneRhett Creighton
|Initial release||1.0.10 / 6 March 2018|
|Latest release||1.0.12-1 / 24 June 2018|
|Forked from||Zclassic, Bitcoin|
|Written in||C++, Qt|
|Ledger start||2 March 2018|
|Block reward||1.5625 BTCP, halving every 210,000 blocks or ~1 year|
|Block time||2.5 minutes|
|Supply limit||21,000,000 BTCP|
Bitcoin Private (BTCP) is an open-source, peer-to-peer cryptocurrency with the optional ability to keep the sender, receiver, and amount private in a given transaction.[non-primary source needed] This is in contrast to many cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, which have a fully transparent transaction history.[irrelevant citation][irrelevant citation][irrelevant citation]
Details[edit | edit source]
Bitcoin Private gives users the option to generate either public or private addresses, redeemable for transactions to either address type. Private addresses work by using use Zero-Knowledge Succinct Non-Interactive Arguments of Knowledge (zk-SNARKs), as opposed to the older technique of ring signatures used in coins such as Monero. Evidence of ownership is provided without revealing which units are owned. This means that owners can redeem funds without any traceable history.[non-primary source needed][irrelevant citation]
Bitcoin Private retained Zclassic's Equihash algorithm.[non-primary source needed] Equihash is a memory-intensive proof of work mechanism, making it ASIC-resistant. This reduces centralization by incentivizing mining with accessible hardware. Bitcoin Gold also borrowed Equihash from Zcash.[irrelevant citation][irrelevant citation] Despite this, a study in May 2018 found that 30% of total hashes were coming from ASICs.[irrelevant citation]
History[edit | edit source]
Bitcoin Private is a merge fork of Bitcoin and Zclassic. Zclassic is a fork of Zcash, an implementation of the Zerocash whitepaper. Zclassic was released in November 2016,[non-primary source needed][irrelevant citation] by blockchain developer Rhett Creighton. Creighton used the same code as Zcash, with a lack of a founders fee required to mine a valid block.[non-primary source needed][irrelevant citation][non-primary source needed][irrelevant citation] This promotes a fair distribution, preventing centralized coin ownership and control. In December 2017, Creighton announced that he would be restarting Zclassic development after months of inactivity. The Zclassic team announced interest in creating a private Bitcoin fork days later.[non-primary source needed] Bitcoin Private's fork snapshot occurred on 28 February 2018, and the mainnet was launched 3 days later. It was subject to a 51 percent attack on 13 October 2018.[non-primary source needed]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Bitcoin Private Whitepaper" (PDF). btcprivate.org. February 2018.
- "Bitcoin Private on Twitter". twitter.com. 1 March 2018.
- "Bitcoin Transactions Aren't as Anonymous as Everyone Hoped". technologyreview.com. August 23, 2017.
- "Protect your privacy". bitcoin.org. Sep 27, 2013.
- Conti, Mauro; E, Sandeep Kumar; Lal, Chhagan; Ruj, Sushmita (July 3, 2017). "A Survey on Security and Privacy Issues of Bitcoin". arXiv:1706.00916.
- "Zcash Protocol Specification" (PDF). October 4, 2016.
- "BTCPrivate/BitcoinPrivate". github.com.
- Aaron van Wirdum (Oct 11, 2017). "Bitcoin Gold Is About to Trial an ASIC-Resistant Bitcoin Fork". BitcoinMagazine.
- Kariuki, David (December 14, 2017). "Benefits of Equihash Algorithm".
- "Study Reveals ASIC Miners Represent 30% of the Equihash Mining Hashrate - Bitcoin News". Bitcoin News. 2018-06-15. Retrieved 2018-11-11.
- Kharif, Olga (January 23, 2018). "Bitcoin May Split 50 Times in 2018 as Forking Craze Mounts". Bloomberg.
- "Here's what happens when bitcoin just keeps forking". CNBC. March 8, 2018.
- Shen, Lucinda (February 22, 2018). "These Cryptocurrencies May Beat Bitcoin in the Coming Months". fortune.
- "Release 1.0.3 · z-classic/zclassic".
- "About Zclassic". zclassic.org.
- "Rhett Creighton on Twitter". twitter.com. December 8, 2017.
- "Rhett Creighton on Twitter". December 14, 2017.
- "Hacker Livestreams 51% Attack on Bitcoin Private".
[edit | edit source]
- Buy vpn fast. Buy vpn for iPhone Buy strong filter, buy peroxyprote, buy metroprote Please visit this website:
Others articles of the Topics Cryptography AND Economics : CoinJoin, CryptoNote, Zclassic, Nxt, BoxyCoin, CoinM, NeuCoin
Others articles of the Topics Economics AND Free and open-source software : Australia Cash, Vertcoin, CoinM, CryptoNote
Others articles of the Topics Cryptography AND Free and open-source software : Bimil, CoinM, CryptoNote, Vertcoin, Dietbitcoin
Others articles of the Topic Cryptography : Cryptographic hash function, Cryptography, Devcoin, Primecoin, BoxyCoin, ZenCash (cryptocurrency), Securebear
Others articles of the Topic Economics : NeuCoin, Nxt, CoinM, CoinJoin, Digital currency, Vertcoin, Zclassic
Others articles of the Topic Free and open-source software : DominoCMS, Xaraya, XNap, Gede (software), David A. Wheeler, Wikimedia Foundation, Hypnos Music Player
This article "Bitcoin Private" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Bitcoin Private. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.