Transformers: War for Cybertron (TV series)
|Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy|
|Based on||Transformers by Hasbro and Takara-Tomy|
|Written by||George Krstic |
Brandon M. Easton
|No. of episodes||6|
|Producer(s)||F. J. DeSanto|
|Production company(s)||Rooster Teeth |
Chapter 1: Siege
Cybertron has been torn apart because of the civil war between the Autobots and Decepticons. In an attempt to end the conflict, Megatron considers using the AllSpark as a last resort, but Optimus Prime wants to prevent that from happening, even if that means destroying Cybetron in order to save it.
Chapter 2: Earthrise
Chapter 3: Kingdom
- Philip Bache as Skytread (2 episodes)
- Edward Bosco as Ultra Magnus (4 episodes) and Soundwave (4 episodes)
- Brian Robert Burns as Cog (3 episodes)
- Brook Chalmers as Impactor (5 episodes)
- Alexander DiLallo as Barricade (3 episodes)
- Jake Foushee as Optimus Prime (6 episodes)
- Rafael Goldstein as Ratchet (4 episodes) and Soundblaster (2 episodes)
- Todd Haberkorn as Red Alert (5 episodes) and Shockwave (3 episodes)
- Gray G. Haddock as Spinister (2 episodes)
- Danny Hansen as Thundercracker (2 episodes)
- Shawn Hawkins as Mirage (5 episodes)
- Sophia Isabella as Arcee (2 episodes)
- Kaiser Johnson as Ironhide (4 episodes)
- Ben Jurand as Alpha Trion (1 episode)
- Miles Luna as Cliffjumper (1 episode) and Teletraan-1 (1 episode)
- Ellie Main as Moonracer (2 episodes)
- Jason Marnocha as Megatron (6 episodes)
- Georgia Reed as Chromia (6 episodes)
- Bill Rogers as Wheeljack (6 episodes)
- Linsay Rousseau as Elita-1 (6 episodes)
- Keith Silverstein as Jetfire (6 episodes) and Omega Supreme (2 episodes)
- Jimmie Stafford as Hound (5 episodes)
- Frank Todaro as Starscream (6 episodes), Refraktor (1 episode), and Ravage (1 episode)
- Aaron Veach as Prowl (4 episodes)
- Mark Whitten as Sideswipe (6 episodes) and Skywarp (2 episodes)
- Joe Zieja as Bumblebee (4 episodes)
Following the conclusion of the Prime Wars Trilogy animated series in July 2018, and the official closing of Machinima in February 2019, Hasbro's production studio Allspark and Netflix announced a War for Cybertron Trilogy animated series set to be produced by Machinima's successor Rooster Teeth, alongside Allspark Animation and Polygon Pictures for a release schedule on 2020. F. J. DeSanto will return as showrunner while George Krstic, Gavin Hignight and Brandon M. Easton will contribute as writers.
Polygon Pictures President and CEO Shuzo John Shiota said “We’re thrilled to be working with Rooster Teeth, Netflix and Hasbro to bring this fan-oriented More than Meets the Eye story to life. The Transformers universe has so many rich characters and engaging stories. Getting the opportunity to be part of the team bringing the robots in disguise to life in this new trilogy is unbelievable.”
Tom Warner, Senior Vice President for the Transformers franchise for Hasbro, said “The Transformers brand is a global phenomenon with toys, consumer products, films, television shows, and literature, resonating with millions of passionate fans around the world. This brand new Netflix series will add to the incredible slate of Transformers offerings with a truly unique story that will delight both existing fans and those being introduced to the wonder of robots in disguise.”
Rooster Teeth co-founder and Chief Content Officer Matt Hullum said "Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy marks the inaugural production for our Rooster Teeth Studios division and we’re proud to be partnering with and entrusted by Hasbro and Netflix. As fans of these characters, it's been a joy bringing our storytelling and animation expertise to this project. This teaser trailer is just a taste of what’s to come in this series, and we can’t wait to see what the fans think, especially our Rooster Teeth community!"
Chapter 1: Siege (2020)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date|
|1||1||"Episode 1"||Takashi Kamei||George Krstic||July 30, 2020|
|Megatron urges Optimus Prime to accept a treaty, while Starscream questions Jetfire’s leadership. The Autobots try to recruit Bumblebee to their side.|
|2||2||"Episode 2"||Kazuma Shimizu||F.J. DeSanto and Gavin Hignight||July 30, 2020|
|Megatron receives a surprise visitor; Shockwave reveals how finding the mythical AllSpark can help defeat the Autobots. The Decepticons lay a trap.|
|3||3||"Episode 3"||Koji||George Krstic||July 30, 2020|
|Optimus has a plan but needs Ratchet’s help. Ultra Magnus is tortured for information while Starscream continues to foster dissent among the Seekers.|
|4||4||"Episode 4"||Kazuma Shimizu||Brandon Easton and Gavin Hignight||July 30, 2020|
|Elita casts doubt on Optimus’ plan, which includes fixing a Spacebridge. Optimus appeals to the Guardians for help and Bumblebee receives a high honor.|
|5||5||"Episode 5"||Koji||Brandon Easton and Gavin Hignight||July 30, 2020|
|Jetfire offers to help Optimus retrieve the AllSpark. Bumblebee, Cog and Arcee go on a mission for Energon; Wheeljack tries to get the Ark to fly.|
|6||6||"Episode 6"||Kazuma Shimizu||Brandon Easton and Gavin Hignight||July 30, 2020|
|Optimus struggles to obtain the AllSpark. Megatron figures out Optimus’ plan and orders an attack on the Autobots, who receive an unexpected assist.|
Chapter 2: Earthrise (2020)
On Rotten Tomatoes, War for Cybertron: Siege has an approval rating of 100% based on reviews from 14 critics. The site's consensus is: "Visually stunning, surprisingly deep, and still a lot of fun, War for Cybertron: Siege breathes new life into the Transformers franchise."
Fans criticized Rooster Teeth for not having Peter Cullen, Garry Chalk, Frank Welker and Hugo Weaving or any famous actors have a role due to "non-union voice talent". Additionally, those actors criticized the portrayals of their characters and voice acting handled.
- Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy
- "Toy Fair 2018: Hasbro Transformers New Products Report #NYTF". TFormers.com. February 17, 2018. Retrieved February 15, 2019.
- "Transformers: War For Cybertron Coming To Netflix Press Release". TFormers.com. February 15, 2019. Retrieved February 15, 2019.
- "An Exclusive Look At Hasbro's New Transformers: Generations War for Cybertron Figures". Game Informer. July 13, 2018. Retrieved February 15, 2019.
- "Toy Fair 2020 - Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Netflix Trailer and Official Details!". TFormers.com. February 22, 2020. Retrieved February 23, 2020.
- Hipes, Patrick (February 1, 2019). "Machinima Is Shutting Down, With 81 Staffers Laid Off". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 15, 2019.
- "Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy: Siege". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2020-08-22.
This article "Transformers: War for Cybertron (TV series)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Transformers: War for Cybertron (TV series). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.