List of international cricket centuries at Carisbrook
Carisbrook was a sports stadium in Dunedin, New Zealand. It had a capacity of 29,000. Until its closure in 2004 for cricket, the ground had hosted Test cricket since its first match in 1955 when New Zealand played England. Ten Test matches were played at the ground along with 21 One Day Internationals (ODIs), the first of which was in 1974 when New Zealand played Australia.
West Indian Everton Weekes became the first man to score a Test century at Carisbrook when he made 123 against New Zealand in 1956. Bryan Young's score of 267 not out, made against Sri Lanka in 1997, remained the highest score seen at the ground. Only two players made a double century at the ground. Overall, 10 test centuries were recorded from Carisbrook.
Five ODI centuries were scored at Carisbrook, the first by West Indian Vivian Richards who scored 119 from 113 deliveries against New Zealand in 1987. The highest score achieved at the ground was 122 not out made by Nathan Astle against England in 2002.
- * denotes that the batsman was not out.
- Inns. denotes the number of the innings in the match.
- Balls denotes the number of balls faced in an innings.
- NR denotes that the number of balls was not recorded.
- Parentheses next to the player's score denotes his century number at Carisbrook.
- The column title Date refers to the date the match started.
- The column title Result refers to whether the player's team won
The following table summarises the Test centuries scored at Carisbrook.
|1||123||Everton Weekes||West Indies||NR||2||New Zealand||3 February 1956||Won|
|2||143||Graham Dowling||New Zealand||NR||1||India||15 February 1968||Lost|
|3||201||Mushtaq Mohammad||Pakistan||NR||1||New Zealand||7 February 1973||Won|
|4||175||Asif Iqbal||Pakistan||NR||2||New Zealand||7 February 1973||Won|
|5||105||Desmond Haynes||West Indies||323||3||New Zealand||8 February 1980||Lost|
|6||111*||Jeremy Coney||New Zealand||243||4||Pakistan||9 February 1985||Drawn|
|7||127||Asanka Gurusinha||Sri Lanka||429||3||New Zealand||18 March 1995||Drawn|
|8||108||Hashan Tillakaratne||Sri Lanka||258||3||New Zealand||18 March 1995||Drawn|
|9||267*||Bryan Young||New Zealand||522||1||Sri Lanka||7 March 1997||Won|
|10||103||Romesh Kaluwitharana||Sri Lanka||103||3||New Zealand||7 March 1997||Won|
One Day International centuries
The following table summarises the One Day International centuries scored at Carisbrook.
|1||119||Vivian Richards||West Indies||113||1||New Zealand||18 March 1987||Won|
|2||104||Martin Crowe||New Zealand||135||1||India||1 March 1990||Won|
|3||100||Jacques Kallis||South Africa||117||1||New Zealand||14 February 1999||Lost|
|4||119||Nathan Astle (1/2)||New Zealand||116||2||Pakistan||28 February 2001||Won|
|5||122*||Nathan Astle (2/2)||New Zealand||150||2||England||26 February 2002||Won|
- "Carisbrook — Cricinfo profile". Cricinfo. ESPN. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
- "Carisbrook, Dunedin / Records / Test matches / Match results". Cricinfo. ESPN. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
- "Carisbrook, Dunedin / Records / One-Day Internationals / Match results". Cricinfo. ESPN. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
- "Statistics / Statsguru / Test matches / Batting records". Cricinfo. ESPN. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
- "Statistics / Statsguru / One-Day Internationals / Batting records". Cricinfo. ESPN. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
This article "List of international cricket centuries at Carisbrook" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:List of international cricket centuries at Carisbrook. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.