List of international cricket centuries at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium
Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium is a multi-purpose sports ground in Chennai, India. It has a capacity of 55,000. The ground hosted Test cricket since its first match in 1956 when India played New Zealand. 9 Test matches have been played at the ground until its closure to international cricket in 1965.
Indian batsman Vinoo Mankad became the first man to score a Test century at Nehru Stadium when he made 231 against New Zealand in 1956. This stands as the highest Test individual score and only double century scored at the ground. Overall, 13 Test centuries have been scored at the ground.
- * denotes that the batsman was not out.
- Inns. denotes the number of the innings in the match.
- Balls denotes the number of balls faced in an innings.
- NR denotes that the number of balls was not recorded.
- Parentheses next to the player's score denotes his century number at Nehru Stadium.
- The column title Date refers to the date the match started.
- The column title Result refers to whether the player's team won
The following table summarises the Test centuries scored at Nehru Stadium.
|1||231||Vinoo Mankad||India||NA||1||New Zealand||6 January 1956||Won|
|2||173||Pankaj Roy||India||NA||1||New Zealand||6 January 1956||Won|
|3||142||Basil Butcher||West Indies||NA||1||India||21 January 1959||Won|
|4||101||Les Favell||Australia||NA||1||India||13 January 1960||Won|
|5||135||Imtiaz Ahmed||Pakistan||NA||1||India||13 January 1961||Drawn|
|6||103||Saeed Ahmed||Pakistan||NA||1||India||13 January 1961||Drawn|
|7||103||Polly Umrigar||India||NA||2||Pakistan||13 January 1961||Drawn|
|8||177*||Chandu Borde||India||NA||2||Pakistan||13 January 1961||Drawn|
|9||103||Nawab of Pataudi (1/2)||India||NA||1||England||10 January 1962||Won|
|10||192||Budhi Kunderan||India||NA||1||England||10 January 1964||Drawn|
|11||108||Vijay Manjrekar (1/2)||India||NA||1||England||10 January 1964||Drawn|
|12||128*||Nawab of Pataudi (2/2)||India||NA||1||Australia||2 October 1964||Lost|
|13||102*||Vijay Manjrekar (2/2)||India||NA||1||Australia||2 October 1964||Lost|
- "Nehru Stadium — Cricinfo profile". Cricinfo. ESPN. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- "Records / Nehru Stadium, Madras / Test matches / Match results". Cricinfo. ESPN. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- "Statistics / Statsguru / Test matches / Batting records". Cricinfo. ESPN. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
This article "List of international cricket centuries at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:List of international cricket centuries at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.