List of international cricket centuries at the M. A. Chidambaram Stadium
The M.A. Chidambaram Stadium, also known as Chepauk is a cricket ground in Chennai, India. Formerly known as the Madras Cricket Club Ground it now has a capacity of 50,000. The ground has hosted 30 Test matches, the first of these was played in 1934 between India and England. The ground has also staged 12 One Day Internationals (ODIs), the first was played between India and Australia in 1987.
The first Test century scored at the ground was by the Englishman Cyril Walters. Walters's innings of 102 was scored against India in 1934. The Indian Virender Sehwag holds the record for the highest score at the ground, 319 from 304 balls, which was made in 2008 against South Africa. This was Sehwag's second triple century, the only other Test players that have scored 2 triple centuries are Donald Bradman and Brian Lara. The record for the highest score by an overseas player belongs to the Australian Dean Jones who made 210 in 1986. Sachin Tendulkar is the only player to have scored 5 Test centuries at the ground. A century in each innings of a match has been achieved twice at the M.A. Chidambaram Stadium. The Sri Lankan Duleep Mendis made 2 innings of 105 against India in 1982 and the Englishman Andrew Strauss scored 123 and 108 in 2008, also against India.
14 ODI centuries have been made at the M.A. Chidambaram Stadium. The first of these was scored by the Australian Geoff Marsh who made 110 in 1987. The Pakistani Saeed Anwar holds the record for the highest ODI scored at the ground with 194, from 146 deliveries against India in 1997. Anwars innings was, at the time, a world record having beating the previous best of 189 not out by Viv Richards. Anwar's record stood until August 2009 when it was equalled by the Zimbabwean Charles Coventry. The highest score by an Indian batsman at the M.A. Chidambaram Stadium is 139 not out which was made by MS Dhoni in 2007. At the time Dhoni was playing for an Asian XI against an African XI.  The highest score by an Indian batsman representing India at this stadium is 138 which was made by Virat Kohli against South Africa on 22 October 2015.
- * denotes that the batsman was not out.
- Inns. denotes the number of the innings in the match.
- Balls denotes the number of balls faced in an innings.
- NR denotes that the number of balls was not recorded.
- Parentheses next to the player's score denotes his century number at the M.A. Chidambaram Stadium.
- The column title Date refers to the date the match started.
- The column title Result refers to whether the player's team won, lost or if the match was drawn or tied.
The following table summarises the Test centuries scored at the M.A. Chidambaram Stadium.
|1||102||Cyril Walters||England||NR||3||India||10 February 1934||Won|
|2||109||Allan Rae||West Indies||NR||1||India||27 January 1949||Won|
|3||160||Jeffrey Stollmeyer||West Indies||NR||1||India||27 January 1949||Won|
|4||111||Pankaj Roy||India||NR||2||England||6 February 1952||Won|
|5||130*||Polly Umrigar||India||NR||2||England||6 February 1952||Won|
|6||109||Farokh Engineer||India||NR||1||West Indies||13 January 1967||Drawn|
|7||125||Chandu Borde||India||NR||1||West Indies||13 January 1967||Drawn|
|8||102||Doug Walters||Australia||NR||1||India||24 December 1969||Won|
|9||124||Gundappa Viswanath||India||NR||2||West Indies||12 January 1979||Won|
|10||162||Allan Border||Australia||360||1||India||11 September 1979||Drawn|
|11||100||Kim Hughes||Australia||204||1||India||11 September 1979||Drawn|
|12||166||Sunil Gavaskar||India||373||2||Pakistan||15 January 1980||Won|
|13||222||Gundappa Viswanath||India||374||1||England||13 January 1982||Drawn|
|14||140||Yashpal Sharma||India||298||1||England||13 January 1982||Drawn|
|15||127||Graham Gooch||England||181||2||India||13 January 1982||Drawn|
|16||105||Duleep Mendis||Sri Lanka||123||1||India||17 September 1982||Drawn|
|17||155||Sunil Gavaskar||India||293||2||Sri Lanka||17 September 1982||Drawn|
|18||114*||Sandeep Patil||India||NR||2||Sri Lanka||17 September 1982||Drawn|
|19||105||Duleep Mendis||Sri Lanka||NR||3||India||17 September 1982||Drawn|
|20||236*||Sunil Gavaskar||India||425||2||West Indies||24 December 1983||Drawn|
|21||201||Graeme Fowler||England||409||2||India||13 January 1985||Won|
|22||207||Mike Gatting||England||309||2||India||13 January 1985||Won|
|23||105||Mohammad Azharuddin||India||218||3||England||13 January 1985||Lost|
|24||122||David Boon||Australia||258||1||India||18 September 1986||Tied|
|25||210||Dean Jones||Australia||330||1||India||18 September 1986||Tied|
|26||106||Allan Border||Australia||172||1||India||18 September 1986||Tied|
|27||119||Kapil Dev||India||138||2||Australia||18 September 1986||Tied|
|28||101||Shoaib Mohammad||Pakistan||NR||1||India||3 February 1987||Drawn|
|29||135*||Imran Khan||Pakistan||230||1||India||3 February 1987||Drawn|
|30||123||Kris Srikkanth||India||149||2||Pakistan||3 February 1987||Drawn|
|31||109||Kapil Dev||India||124||1||West Indies||11 January 1988||Won|
|32||106||Navjot Sidhu||India||273||1||England||11 February 1993||Won|
|33||165||Sachin Tendulkar||India||296||1||England||11 February 1993||Won|
|34||117||Chris Lewis||England||140||3||India||11 February 1993||Lost|
|35||155*||Sachin Tendulkar||India||191||3||Australia||6 March 1998||Won|
|36||141||Shahid Afridi||Pakistan||191||3||India||28 January 1999||Won|
|37||136||Sachin Tendulkar||India||273||4||Pakistan||28 January 1999||Lost|
|38||203||Matthew Hayden||Australia||320||1||India||18 May 2001||Lost|
|39||126||Sachin Tendulkar||India||230||2||Australia||18 May 2001||Won|
|40||155||Virender Sehwag||India||221||2||Australia||14 October 2004||Drawn|
|41||104||Damien Martyn||Australia||210||3||India||14 October 2004||Drawn|
|42||159||Hashim Amla||South Africa||262||1||India||26 March 2008||Drawn|
|43||319||Virender Sehwag||India||304||2||South Africa||26 March 2008||Drawn|
|44||111||Rahul Dravid||India||291||2||South Africa||26 March 2008||Drawn|
|45||155*||Neil McKenzie||South Africa||339||3||India||26 March 2008||Drawn|
|46||123||Andrew Strauss||England||233||1||India||11 December 2008||Lost|
|47||108||Andrew Strauss||England||244||3||India||11 December 2008||Lost|
|48||108||Paul Collingwood||England||250||3||India||11 December 2008||Lost|
|49||103*||Sachin Tendulkar||India||196||4||England||11 December 2008||Won|
|50||130||Michael Clarke||Australia||246||1||India||22 February 2013||Lost|
|51||107||Virat Kohli||India||206||2||Australia||22 February 2013||Won|
|52||224||Mahendra Singh Dhoni||India||265||2||Australia||22 February 2013||Won|
|53||146||Moeen Ali||England||262||1||India||16 December 2016||Lost|
|54||199||Lokesh Rahul||India||311||2||England||16 December 2016||Won|
|55||303*||Karun Nair||India||381||2||England||16 December 2016||Won|
One Day International centuries
The following table summarises the One Day International centuries scored at the M.A. Chidambaram Stadium.
|1||110||Geoff Marsh||Australia||141||1||India||9 October 1987||Won|
|2||130||Chris Harris||New Zealand||124||1||Australia||11 March 1996||Lost|
|3||110||Mark Waugh||Australia||112||2||New Zealand||11 March 1996||Won|
|4||194||Saeed Anwar||Pakistan||146||1||India||21 May 1997||Won|
|5||107||Rahul Dravid||India||116||2||Pakistan||21 May 1997||Lost|
|6||107||Mahela Jayawardene||Asia XI||106||1||Africa XI||10 June 2007||Won|
|7||139*||Mahendra Singh Dhoni||Asia XI||97||1||Africa XI||10 June 2007||Won|
|8||113||Yuvraj Singh||India||123||1||West Indies||20 March 2011||Won|
|9||104*||Manoj Tiwary||India||126||1||West Indies||11 December 2011||Won|
|10||119||Kieron Pollard||West Indies||110||2||India||11 December 2011||Lost|
|11||113*||Mahendra Singh Dhoni||India||125||1||Pakistan||30 December 2012||Lost|
|12||101*||Nasir Jamshed||Pakistan||132||2||India||30 December 2012||Won|
|13||138||Virat Kohli||India||140||1||South Africa||22 October 2015||Won|
|14||112||AB de Villiers||South Africa||107||2||India||22 October 2015||Lost|
- "MA Chidambaram Stadium — Cricinfo profile". Cricinfo. ESPN. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Statsguru: MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai / Test matches / Match result list". Cricinfo. ESPN. Retrieved 19 April 2010.
- "Statsguru: MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai / One-Day Internationals matches / Match result list". Cricinfo. ESPN. Retrieved 19 April 2010.
- "Statsguru: Test matches / Batting records / Innings by innings list". Cricinfo. ESPN. Retrieved 19 April 2010.
- "Statsguru: One-Day Internationals / Batting records / Innings by innings list". Cricinfo. ESPN. Retrieved 19 April 2010.
- "Records / One-Day Internationals / Batting records / Most runs in an innings". Cricinfo. ESPN. Retrieved 22 April 2010.
- "Statsguru: Test matches / Batting records / Innings by innings list / Match result : Won". Cricinfo. ESPN. Retrieved 24 August 2011.
- "Statsguru: One Day International matches / Batting records / Innings by innings list / Match result : Won". Cricinfo. ESPN. Retrieved 24 August 2011.
- "Statsguru: Test matches / Batting records / Innings by innings list / Match result : Lost". Cricinfo. ESPN. Retrieved 24 August 2011.
- "Statsguru: One Day International matches / Batting records / Innings by innings list / Match result : Lost". Cricinfo. ESPN. Retrieved 24 August 2011.
- "Statsguru: Test matches / Batting records / Innings by innings list / Match result : Drawn". Cricinfo. ESPN. Retrieved 24 August 2011.
- "Statsguru: Test matches / Batting records / Innings by innings list / Match result : Tied". Cricinfo. ESPN. Retrieved 24 August 2011.
This article "List of international cricket centuries at the M. A. Chidambaram Stadium" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:List of international cricket centuries at the M. A. Chidambaram Stadium. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.